Montrose & Ouray, Colorado, charge stations now open

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dgpcolorado said:
Perhaps the Model 3 will do the trick!

I just got my Leaf and I still daydream about the Model 3. If they manage to keep their free supercharging for the Model 3 I may have to replace the wife's car with the Model 3. Or maybe a model X if they come down in price. Or a model Y if I can remain patient enough. I do need a way to get up skiing and back though and I-70 hardly qualifies as an option with all that traffic.

2-2.5 hrs is an easy daytrip by the way, we have no other choice here!

Nfuzzy said:
dgpcolorado said:
Perhaps the Model 3 will do the trick!

I just got my Leaf and I still daydream about the Model 3. If they manage to keep their free supercharging for the Model 3 I may have to replace the wife's car with the Model 3. Or maybe a model X if they come down in price. Or a model Y if I can remain patient enough. I do need a way to get up skiing and back though and I-70 hardly qualifies as an option with all that traffic.

2-2.5 hrs is an easy daytrip by the way, we have no other choice here!
I have done the 3 hours plus each way to Tahoe on a few X-C day trips, but don't like to waste the gas and time for just a day, and besides, I'm usually half asleep on the way back.

GRA said:
abasile said:
These are the backcountry skis we use: http://www.backcountry.com/alpina-cross-terrain-touring-ski" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wow, those are a lot wider than I use. I used Fischer E-99s with kicker skins for years (210cm, 65-55-60), and what they lacked in turning ability they made up for in cruising speed, especially on spring corn. But I prefer something a bit softer and wider now, used with my old Asolo Snowfield 3-pin boots. I'm often carrying a full pack, so like the extra stability of the wider boot and binding, and IME Nordic Norm 75mm 3-pins are a lot easier to clean snow and ice out of than NNN-BC or similar.
I had a pair of standard, long, narrow X-C skis with metal edges for ~15 years, but for the last four years the wide Alpina X skis have been a blast. They are relatively slow, but I can cover all sorts of terrain on which people normally use snowshoes. I'm able to carve out some awesome little downhill runs through the forest and canyons just outside our neighborhood. We just need to get more snow; the last two winters here were warm and dry. Thankfully, we've at least gotten some rain the last two days.

For those living in the "flatlands", see how wonderful it is to have charging infrastructure that enables EV mountain trips?

Back