Month of X to Pending

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree - I also changed to Pending from an April, then May delivery - and sure - maybe my car is sitting in Long Beach - but I will wait... am I annoyed? Sure, but not at Nissan - I know they are doing the best they can getting the cars out. The Tsunami hit the country hard, and the resulting supply chain disruption will be felt for 6 more months in all areas of electronics... it is unfortunate that this happened to affect us, but as I said - it is obviously in the best interest of Nissan to get as many cars out as quickly as possible to people - they are being mean or belligerent...

Matt

I am rather surprized at how strongly worded and critical some of these posts are from people that ordered after September. There are still some that ordered in August that do not have cars. If order timing was so important I believe it should only be Aug/Sep orders that moved to pending that would raise the rukus. Once ALL the first 30 days of orders have a date and VIN then I would expect the October people to stand up.

I just checked my personal dashboard and I got moved from May to June. Believe it or not I am actually happy about this because of what I think it meens. With the 10 days of March production that was lost, it looks like those people who were scheduled for late April early May delivery will now be moved to April production and May delivery. My car was slated to be built in April will most likely be moved to May for June delivery. I am ok with that. Given the severity of the events in Japan one month is as good as can be expected.

The tsunami has nothing to do with counting cars in a parking lot in Long Beach, matching them with orders, and putting them on trucks.

They were going to make well over 2k for the US in March. 1500 is a lot less than 2k. For some, the earthquake will be the culprit.

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...You have been connected to Kenneth.Michael Kinney: Feb 8: Hi Michael, congratulations! Your vehicle is scheduled to arrive at your Nissan Dealer in the month of April 2011.

Kenneth: Thank you for contacting Nissan LEAF Customer Support, my name is Kenneth. How may I help you today Michael?

Michael Kinney: April 4: Michael, like all of us, we are sure you are concerned with recent events in Japan over the last few weeks. As a result of those events, you might have noticed the delivery timing on your "my account" page has been changed to "pending."

Michael Kinney: I placed my order on October 1st (September Order Date), and it seems that others (at the same dealership) that ordered much later (February) have delivery dates in April. I am concerned that the $5,000 state rebate will run out prior to me being able to buy the car.
Do you know the latest delivery status?

Kenneth: I would be happy to look it up for you do you have your reservation number?

Michael Kinney: 52BD78CD

Kenneth: Thank you just give me one moment

Kenneth: All right Mr. Kinney I pulled up your vehicle information and it seems that your vehicle delivery date it pending.

Michael Kinney: Do you have any explanation why my order was put behind the others that order much later?

Kenneth: There are a few explanations. Did you have something changed on your vehicle such as a change from an SV to an SL?

Michael Kinney: No. There has been no change since my October 1st order.

Kenneth: Was your eTec application excepted late?

Michael Kinney: I believe that this may have delayed my ability to order to October 1st (from September).

Kenneth: Okay when you originally made your order was it the SL model with the quick charge port.

Michael Kinney: Correct. No change.

Michael Kinney: I believe they call it the "2011 Nissan LEAF ETEC"

Kenneth: Yeah that is what it was, but if your eTec application had been excepted alittle later that would push your vehicle delivery date back, and also I can assure you that if other customers ordered there LEAF later than you did there delivery date has also been changed to pending, I do believe that September was like a cut off anything from then and before made it out before the tsunami, anything after that the delivery date has been changed.

Michael Kinney: There is a very cool on-line spread sheet that the "early adopters" have been using. You can access it here.

Michael Kinney: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AptkktKEhdz9dGhheXpqT09naFdkYjN4aXJ4NlNPV3c&authkey=CJm01I8B&hl=en#gid=0

Michael Kinney: Nissan publicised that there were 1,500 on their way, and I believe that there are hundreds in the port now. There are many people on this list that ordered in January and February that have estimated "week of" early April delivery dates and VIN numbers assigned.

Michael Kinney: Do you believe that since my eTec application was delayed for a few days in September that I was pushed behind the people ordering in January and February?

Kenneth: No I do not and you are correct your vehicle was set to be delivered in April but because of the tsunami the production of the vehicles has stopped and we at Nissan do not currently know when, production will begin again.

Michael Kinney: OK. Thanks for the information.

Kenneth: You are welcome is there anything else I can help you with today.

Michael Kinney: No.

Kenneth: Okay well I am sorry to hear about your order if you have any other further questions feel free to contact us.

mweston said:
Rat said:
I just got my email from Nissan saying I'm going to Pending (from April to May already) but my dashboard still says May. The e-mail does not actually say there is a delay. See the actual language in the May - May(be) delivery thread. Did anyone else get this most recent email?
Yes, I got the e-mail at 2:39pm PDT, though I never changed to May (my dashboard still says April).
Sometime since yesterday afternoon my dashboard did in fact change from April to Pending, skipping (so far as I know) May. I called CS yesterday, and she promised to investigate and call back sometime today. We'll see.

This issue with order sequencing started before the tsunami. You can't use that excuse for the out of order delivery dates. Maybe I missed something, but I don't recall anyone saying that orders after Sept. should receive their car prior to those people. Deliver in order. If my car isn't one of the approx 1500 in Long Beach, and a car there doesn't go to an order after me then I'm fine. How hard is this to understand? The frustration started building months ago (AV sky high quote, delay in ordering, etc.).

mossyleaf said:
I just checked my personal dashboard and I got moved from May to June. Believe it or not I am actually happy about this because of what I think it meens. With the 10 days of March production that was lost, it looks like those people who were scheduled for late April early May delivery will now be moved to April production and May delivery. My car was slated to be built in April will most likely be moved to May for June delivery. I am ok with that. Given the severity of the events in Japan one month is as good as can be expected.
My sentiments exactly, Leon!!

There have been some mistakes made by Nissan (or an affiliate?) and there was this big ole natural disaster that messed with priorities, but cars are being built and delivered. LisaLeaf speculated elsewhere that the act of moving so many people to Pending right now may be the precursor to, as correctly as possible, re-establishing order to orders. WIth a late January order date, I am fine with seeing Pending on my dashboard. I wish that folks would not go running to NBCTV, or wherever, to tell everyone how terrible things are.

Glenn

I'm fine with the delay... as long as there are not so many people that ordered after me getting their cars before me that I miss out on the 5K California rebate.

thankyouOB said:
This forum is badly in need of some perspective about the earthquake and disaster in Japan. Regardless of whether it affected the cars in Long Beach, there are some much much more serious issues facing Japan, the country that makes this car, and Nissan. Do you want to trade places with someone who lives 10 miles form Diachi plants?
Or even someone in Tokyo?
This is just getting very ugly. This is a public forum, people, not your dining room table.

From what I have seen, folks posting to this board have generally been vary responsible about separating out Tsunami-related delays, and Non-. I see no problem with the discussions about the Leap-Frogging and other subjects, especially when it relates mostly to Nissan USA.
Tragic as the events are in Japan, and in Haiti still, and in other parts of the world, and inevitably will be elsewhere, people can't be expected to put all critical discussions on hold every time, though everyone has the right to do so if they feel so inclined.

IMO, if there is a disappointing Tsunami-related aspect, it appears to be Nissan using it as a blanket excuse for everything.

Beachcliffs said:
Has any body called or chatted with Nissan yet this morning? As I currently don't have the temperament to speak/chat directly, I sent off an e-mail instead. If the past is any indication, I imagine it will not solicit a timely response, if any.
I must give credit when credit is due. I received a fairly prompt response to my e-mail this morning and have been assured something along the lines of ..."information provided yesterday is correct" and my "dashboard status has no effect on LEAF delivery". I was told in chat yesterday that month of May should still be good and that there is still a chance for an April delivery.

I was told in chat yesterday that "month of May" was still correct. I was told today "Pending" due to the earthquake/tsunami. I suggest you check again.

Mine also went from "Month of May" to the dreaded "Pending" last night. I didn't think to check if I could edit my color until someone posted that and sure enough, I am now able to edit my color. Major Bummer!! I just updated the forum spreadsheet to show my new pending status. When I looked at my dashboard I actually thought of clicking "cancel my order" out of frustration with the poor communication from Nissan. I didn't click it but I sure thought about it.

I had a question about the spreadsheet: Does anyone have an idea about how accurate it is? How many people have NOT posted their status? Are the entries up to date? Kudus to the ones who thought to do the spreadsheet! Without it we would have no way to know what is going on.

mikek said:
I was told in chat yesterday that "month of May" was still correct. I was told today "Pending" due to the earthquake/tsunami. I suggest you check again.
No real need. I have little doubt that different CS reps are saying different things to different people (or even different things to the same people :? ). At the end of the day, Nissan will either deliver as indicated in chat/e-mail with customer service or per dashboard and "generic" e-mail. As time rolls on, I will know which. In the meantime, I fully expect to continue to receive mixed signals.

gadre said:
I had a question about the spreadsheet: Does anyone have an idea about how accurate it is? How many people have NOT posted their status? Are the entries up to date? Kudus to the ones who thought to do the spreadsheet! Without it we would have no way to know what is going on.
I would only count on the spreadsheet entrys that have been updated in the last two weeks to be anywhere near accurate.
The sheet seems to get updated about twice a week so check the right column for the last date.

Here's my guess at what is happening-
part of the delivery process is to take a group(hundreds?) of recently produced Leafs and match them to a group customers. The last group of leafs before the 1500 currently in LB were supposed to be matched to Sept/Oct/Nov orders, but there was a mistake and they were matched to Jan/Feb orders. It was a while before Nissan realized the error . At that point (pre-earthquake) Nissan figured, production is ramping up well, we'll just go back and cover those missed orders out of the unassigned in transit and the 4000 leafs produced in March. It will only delay their deliveries a month or so.Then the earthquake.....

So now there are 1500 Leafs and that's it for awhile. Nissan has to prioritize those 1500. Given the serious challenges in Japan to just getting some sort of production of all models going again, the re-assigning of the 1500 in LB is probably not at the top of the priority list. So put everyone without an assigned VIN into pending while they sort it out. So in a way it is accurate to say the delivery is delayed because of the earthquake, even if you eventually get one of the 1500.

The problem in trying to see if this is what is happening is the other problem Nissan has had all along: the one off processes they established for the roll out (reservation system/CS/website DB) appear not to have been adequately funded/managed so that they would be accurate and reliable. So even if the idea was to put all the outstanding orders in pending, it might not actually happen that way. YMMV

I went from Month of May to Pending today, so I called Nissan, and got someone that actually admitted that they have messed up their order fulfillment queue so that September & October orders got "Lost".

The customer care person was very nice, and said that because of my October 6th order acceptance, my order would be sent to a special team that is re-prioritizing the orders, and that someone would call me back by Friday with a new status on my delivery. We will have to see if I actually get a call by Friday, and what the update will be.

OrientExpress said:
I went from Month of May to Pending today, so I called Nissan, and got someone that actually admitted that they have messed up their order fulfillment queue so that September & October orders got "Lost".

The customer care person was very nice, and said that because of my October 6th order acceptance, my order would be sent to a special team that is re-prioritizing the orders, and that someone would call me back by Friday with a new status on my delivery. We will have to see if I actually get a call by Friday, and what the update will be.
As a September order (scheduled) that actually ordered October 1st, I can assure you that they didn't "lose" them...

Back