Mid-2013 firmware update for older Leafs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeaneG

I recall some mention by a Nissan spokesperson late last year about a firmware update for older Leafs. Many of us were hoping for a revised GOM, or a dash SOC% as in the 2013 models.

Was I imagining this? Is something along these lines still happening?

We're still waiting for them to come through on Andy Palmer's promise of a battery capacity warranty, which was supposed to be finalized in "Spring 2013" which only has a month left. That's far more important to most of us than a more accurate Distance to Empty meter or being able to see % vs. miles/km's.

You weren't imagining things. Folks have asked Nissan about this and whether it'd could be rolled up into an update that updates the capacity gauge bars.

The capacity gauge update was mentioned at the Phoenix meeting. I believe the other request was also asked there. And, it's been asked of other Nissan reps (not dealership employees) at other Leaf gatherings.

To show you the other side of how things sometimes work: My buddy bought a Telsa S about two months ago... He found a couple of minor bugs in the display system, and also had a couple of suggestions for improvements. This week Tesla fixed all the bugs that he found and incorporated his improvements in a software update that was rolled out over the air. Pretty cool!

Stanton said:
Waiting for that same update... :roll:

TomT said:
My buddy bought a Telsa S about two months ago... He found a couple of minor bugs in the display system, and also had a couple of suggestions for improvements. This week Tesla fixed all the bugs that he found...
Perhaps the strong infusion of a software culture oriented toward customer relationships is something Nissan could aim for ? Rather than selling a car, it could be thought of as maintaining a customer relationship. Just sayin...

Still waiting to hear about the update for 2011-2012 Leafs to fix the "inaccurate gauge problem". Has this been quietly abandoned, or can we expect to see it shortly? Any comments from Nissan?

I'd be very surprised if Nissan actually back-ports additional functionality, such as the SoC meter. They'll probably eventually roll out the capacity gauge fix though, especially if we keep on them.

I want the brake fix, but I'd rather skip the annoying chime update. I was waiting until they have the bundle before I bother.

If they were going to back-port features from 2013 for us, I want that Regen update!

-Phil

Ingineer said:
If they were going to back-port features from 2013 for us, I want that Regen update!
I'm still hoping for a feature that is not in the 2013: The ability to charge to other SOCs besides 80% and 94%.

Frankly, I no longer even give it a thought anymore. It has become completely second nature...

milesmutt said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
I'd be thrilled if it just got rid of touch ok to accept.
Isn't it funny how the smallest things can just get under your skin?? That message drives me crazy too, lol.

Back