Michiganders?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kubel

Just curious if there are any Michigan LEAF buyers that have made it past RAQ and have settled on a price yet. I got a quote from Yark Nissan of Toledo for $37,000 for the SL (but I'll probably be going with the SV since widespread DC charging isn't likely to happen in Michigan in the near future).

On the SV, it appears invoice is ~$33,757 + $850 destination - ~$944 holdback. So I'm going to see if they will accept $34,700 including destination. I know, 'it won't happen', but we'll see. I have 3 certified dealers in the area that I can bounce prices off of now.

My plan is to negotiate a cheap cash price, then once that's decided, work on the lease (tier 0, 15,000 miles, 39 months), then find a cheap rate on a used car loan and buy out the lease after 90 days if I fall in love with it.

Yes ! Have one in Kalamazoo, White SL,, 1200 miles. Price was weird as I leased and the lease price changed 10 days after I signed the agreement, but oh well.

I'd lease rather than buy. The batteries in these systems are likely to be much different in 39 months. This is a TOWN ONLY car in Michigan. Very little charging capability outside large cities (there is one in Thompsonville MI, Thank you Crystal Mountain !!!!) The owner there is a Volt owner and an EE but I was unable to get up there from Kalamazoo even with Guerrilla charging adapters and a Honda eu3000i. State parks up the Lake Michigan coast are all full of travel trailers and you try sitting for 10 hours on a dirt road listening to a generator (albeit a very quiet one) waiting for enough power to get anther 60 miles. Yes, 60-70 miles per charge at 45 MPH...people kept waving to me with 1 finger..even on 50 MPH MAX speed limit 2 lane highways. This is a GREAT town car !!!!!

kubel said:
Just curious if there are any Michigan LEAF buyers that have made it past RAQ and have settled on a price yet. I got a quote from Yark Nissan of Toledo for $37,000 for the SL (but I'll probably be going with the SV since widespread DC charging isn't likely to happen in Michigan in the near future).

On the SV, it appears invoice is ~$33,757 + $850 destination - ~$944 holdback. So I'm going to see if they will accept $34,700 including destination. I know, 'it won't happen', but we'll see. I have 3 certified dealers in the area that I can bounce prices off of now.

My plan is to negotiate a cheap cash price, then once that's decided, work on the lease (tier 0, 15,000 miles, 39 months), then find a cheap rate on a used car loan and buy out the lease after 90 days if I fall in love with it.

charging infrastructure roll outs are pathetically slow simply because no one is sure that EVs will be able to generate a significant niche in the market place. I am living in one of the most Pro Green areas of the country. i have been using public charging for over 5 years but we just got our first DCFC station less than one month ago.

but even with a HUGE lead in EV community support we have over you, the money is still slow in coming. WA put in 15 M or so to get it going and private companies have stepped up a bit but the infrastructure is only as good as its weakest link and we have a lot of holes to fill.

Contrast us to OR that put in 90 M and already have covered all of I-5 and most of the coast 101 hwy as well.

all in all; Nissan, Tesla, Ford, etc. is only part of the story. without support they have a long uphill climb

I rarely make use of public charging. Just like my cell phone, I don't really charge outside of home and work- but still it works perfectly as a cross-county commuter or a runabout.

Kubel,

I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan I have had my Leaf, since June 13, 2012.

Having fun driving it every day!

Back