Message on Start-up (accept or not) make it go away please!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valid8r

New to my Leaf and the forum so perhaps this is posted in the wrong spot or has already been answered (if so I apologize in advance).

When I start my Leaf, the nav/display puts up a message about the fact that it will transmit data (for carwings presumably), and I have to accept or decline... EACH TIME I START THE CAR. If I don't acknowledge it, I don't get my map, or other display. Please tell me that there is a way to disable this annoying message?!

Thanks in advance.

Love the care (of course).

No one has reported a mechanical or software method of defeating this. Most of us (1) have gotten used to it, incorporating the button push into the normal start-up routine, or (2) push another button such as "MAP" to go by it. (OK, one poster did propose a robot mechanical finger affixed to the dash which would come down and push the button for him. That would be both mechanical and software, but I think he was joking. ;) )

Wow, that's disappointing. I can understand having a disclaimer/license type agreement once you buy something, but that is really annoying. Imagine if you had to accept your software licensing agreements every you opened up an application...

Regardless, thanks for the quick responses to my question.

Jon

HighDesertDriver said:
No one has reported a mechanical or software method of defeating this. Most of us (1) have gotten used to it, incorporating the button push into the normal start-up routine, or (2) push another button such as "MAP" to go by it. (OK, one poster did propose a robot mechanical finger affixed to the dash which would come down and push the button for him. That would be both mechanical and software, but I think he was joking. ;) )
Ingineer make changes to board responsible for that, and his car automatically does OK, you may contact him if you wish
Get rid of the Carwings accept/decline start-up message
that was discussed with Mark Perry during chat on http://www.mynissanleaf.com/

EdmondLeaf said:
Ingineer make changes to board responsible for that, and his car automatically does OK, you may contact him if you wish

I think he said that the changes were so involved (taking apart inner workings of the NAV system) that he wasn't intending to offer it to anyone else. I gather the labor costs alone would make it unlikely that anyone would want to pay enough to get it done that way.

You can thank the wonderful U.S. Tort laws for it... After a year and a half though, I don't even give it any thought anymore; pressing it is automatic for me...

kubel said:
This is probably on my top 5 annoyances of the LEAF, something I hope Nissan considers fixing.

if it werent for U.S. tort laws we would still have Pintos and Corvairs in the fleet, and celebrex being marketed on TV right after the Cheerios ads.

Actually, the later Corvairs were excellent cars with a superb handling fully IRS multi-link setup... And the early Corvairs were no worse than every swing axle Volkswagon of that time... GM was just more fun and easier for Nader to pick on...

Of course, without our "excellent" tort system, we would also not have such things as stupid people receiving multi-million dollar settlements for burning themselves on hot coffee at McDonalds...
Our tort system has removed almost all responsibility of people for their own inane actions...

thankyouOB said:
if it werent for U.S. tort laws we would still have Pintos and Corvairs in the fleet, and celebrex being marketed on TV right after the Cheerios ads.

TomT said:
Of course, without our "excellent" tort system, we would also not have such things as stupid people receiving multi-million dollar settlements for burning themselves on hot coffee at McDonalds...
That case is quite notorious, but my understanding is that the coffee in question was served at almost boiling temperature. As a result, the injuries the plaintiff suffered were much worse than you would normally get from spilling hot coffee on yourself.

Wayne

Back