May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello May thread,

I didn't think I would ever see the inside of this place, but here I am! Seems not too bad though.
*Knock knock* Sturdy construction, nice neighbors. Oh well, I'll settle in and see how it feels.
It could be worse...I could have been moved to Juneland. (shudder)

10/25 order
April-May-June-Pending-April 26th-May 2nd

I was in the "June gloomer" bunch, but got sprung into early April. Then after the "7 day email" came on the 21st, I got changed to "week of April 28th". At least it was still "April". Then last night the DB came up with "week of May 2nd". So now I am officially in this group.
LATE NEWS: My dealer just called. Salesman said they just got their first LEAF in, wanted to know my VIN to see if it was a match. Result was no, it was about 500 VINs before mine.
Gregg
SL + QC VIN 1597
ordered 10/29
OC Nissan Irvine (just about 36 miles from LB port's Nissan stockyard)

starry said:
I was in the "June gloomer" bunch, but got sprung into early April. Then after the "7 day email" came on the 21st, I got changed to "week of April 28th". At least it was still "April". Then last night the DB came up with "week of May 2nd". So now I am officially in this group.
Gregg, SL + QC, ordered 10/29
OC Nissan Irvine (just about 36 miles from LB port's Nissan stockyard)
Your dates are very close to mine (see my sig), so we're likely in the same boat (or our cars probably were anyway). My DB still says 4/29, though, after bouncing all over. How many people actually get their car within seven days of receiving the "7 day email" ?

leafygreen said:
I'm moving into May too--bumped from April 28th to May 5th
Hello May(be) Deliveries. Despite receiving the 7-day email on 4/21, my DB delivery just slipped another few days from 5/02 to 5/05. For a while the waiting was the hardest part, now it's the continual tease.

Mark

markd said:
leafygreen said:
Hello May(be) Deliveries. Despite receiving the 7-day email on 4/21, my DB delivery just slipped another few days from 5/02 to 5/05. For a while the waiting was the hardest part, now it's the continual tease.

Mark
ditto, and I got the 7-day on the 26th of avril.

je suis fatigue.

markd said:
leafygreen said:
My delivery date hasn't slipped in several days... It still says "week of 4/29" and I'm heading into the last 24 hours of my "seven days"... Rumor has it that Boardwalk may have received some cars yesterday but still no word on mine. So either they're waiting to the very last minute to finally bump slip DB or maybe it really will be here this week. I feel like Charlie Brown and Lucy with the football... :-/

leafygreen said:

Well, today I moved back to April 28th. So long losers, I'm off to the April thread. :D
Oh wait, maybe I shouldn't burn my bridges. I'll probably be back to May (or June) tomorrow.

My dash has held May 6 since I was assigned a week date.

EVSE is being installed tomorrow.
SDG&E Sucker rate (EPEV-X) assigned a couple weeks ago.

10/1 order.

After being Week of April 8th for over 6 weeks, my DB also now changed to Week of May 5th. Hopefully this is for real and they're starting to actually load the cars onto trucks. ;)

Hi fellow May(be)s....dash now says week of May 2...hey, that's next week...and I go on vacation for a week May 6. Just my luck. Blink to be installed Monday.
Just took dying Honda to transmission shop. I feel like we are limping to this LEAF delivery and will be crawling soon :lol:

Bassman said:
After being Week of April 8th for over 6 weeks, my DB also now changed to Week of May 5th. Hopefully this is for real and they're starting to actually load the cars onto trucks. ;)

Bassman, are you with the Clovis dealer like we are? Same 4/8 date just moved to 5/5.

No, I'm with Stockton Nissan. So it seems our cars will be on the same truck coming from the Port. So most likely, they'll drop off yours then come to Stockton. :)

My EDD just changed to week of May 5th! My PD is North Bay Nissan, so I have a long-ish drive to get it home, and can't just pick it up any day of the week. I was really hoping to snag the car on the way home from Mendocino on May 1st.

Wee DB changed again! Delivery of June to April 15 to April 28 to May 2, now May 6. I'm personally shooting for it to land on May 5, Cinco de Mayo so I can take delivery and celebrate with a margarita ;) Come on Norcal Leafs!

VIN 1265

I have a May 6th EDD so I called Blink to see where they stand with regards to installing the charger. They say as of last Friday they are no longer allowed to install the chargers unless they have a docuement (invoice) from Nissan stating the VIN and that the QC port is installed on the car.

I then called Brendan and left a voice mail about this new issue and then called CS.

CS knows about this new requirement and they will email the required info to ECOtality.

Also asked about my manufacturing date and software update status. Manufacturing date was 3/24/11 and it does not have the software fix yet. I wonder what ship this car came in on. I have a VIN which I thought was an indication the car was at the port.

Turbo3 said:
Also asked about my manufacturing date and software update status. Manufacturing date was 3/24/11 and it does not have the software fix yet. I wonder what ship this car came in on. I have a VIN which I thought was an indication the car was at the port.

Yeah, same here. I talked to CS today and they confirmed my "week of" date and could not confirm that the software fix had been done. They had no info on the car other than the VIN being assigned to me. I believe the factory was shut down on 3/24 so might ask them to double check that manufacturing date.

I've been holding steady on week of May 6th for over two weeks. I've learned that no news is definitely not good news.

Actually Brendan sent me a screen capture of his dashboard and the manufacture date is really 3/24/2011.

Blink also emailed me that they received the necessary documents and will escalate getting a Blink charger installed now that they have confirmation of the QC port and VIN.

Back