May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No E-mails from Nissan since 03-11-2011.
Have stayed in May delivery with no changes.
No Carwings / No VIN / No button to change color.
1100 seems on the high side of cars that were misallocated.
I previously reviewed the spreadsheet and concluded maybe 250.
But the % of people that have posted their information on the spreadsheet is uncertain.
My dealer has sold 12, but only 2 of us have posted information.
So misallocated vehicles could be 500 to 600. And 1100 is possible.
They seem to have lost the pre-January 2011 orders for at least 4 to 8 weeks and been allocating vehicles to people that ordered in January 2011 or later.
If Oppama was manufacturing 1000 vehicles a month, they might have misallocated 1100 Leafs. :(

Seems I never receive the email notifications from Nissan, but my status also went from MAY to PENDING.

Can somebody post the email they sent out (supposedly two days ago)?

Thanks!

PDXKraut said:
Seems I never receive the email notifications from Nissan, but my status also went from MAY to PENDING.

Thanks!

Here is mine:

"Neil, we recently notified you that the estimated delivery timing on your "my account" page had been changed to "pending" as a result of the events in Japan.

Since some of our plants are resuming production again, we are in the process of scheduling your order. As soon as revised estimated delivery timing becomes available, we will refresh your "my account" page.

We will make sure we continue to update you regularly regarding delivery of your Nissan LEAF™.

Thank you for your continued support."

PDXKraut said:

Thanks!
Have you checked your account to make sure the email is correct? Have you changed email at all?

I changed my DB email to no avail. But when I used the change email link in an old email only then did the stuff come to the right box.

It would be nice to get a personalized email once a month to confirm the account and progress is still active.

cinmar said:
cinmar said:
Just contacted chat, and they say:
Please disregard the e mail Ms. Marsh. We are working to get your vin number and will have your LEAF information as soon as possible. The e mail was mass mailed and is not applicable to you.
Well this blows considering the response above I got yesterday. I'm now April->May->Pending also. Fingers crossed that they are re-sequencing orders, and this will be corrected asap.
To follow-up with my previous posts, just got a VM from CS stating that I do in fact have a LEAF and they're working on getting a VIN number/delivery date firmed up. It was the same CS gentleman I chatted with the other day (above). He says to ignore the "pending" status on my DB. Just an FYI to give hope to those of you who haven't talked to CS yet, and were switched to pending.

TimLee said:
1100 seems on the high side of cars that were misallocated.
I previously reviewed the spreadsheet and concluded maybe 250.
So misallocated vehicles could be 500 to 600. And 1100 is possible.
:(

Just plot VIN# vs Order Date and it is pretty obvious. It also is pretty obvious how the % of people on this forum varied from Sep order dates vs. Jan order dates.

@smkettner: had chat folks confirm (at least 3 times) that it's in there (and the same as I put in; email has been working without issues for >5 years); finally changed the email address to a different box yesterday (through dashboard, since I don't have an old email with a link); we'll see if that helps.

Thanks.

cinmar said:
To follow-up with my previous posts, just got a VM from CS stating that I do in fact have a LEAF and they're working on getting a VIN number/delivery date firmed up. It was the same CS gentleman I chatted with the other day (above). He says to ignore the "pending" status on my DB. Just an FYI to give hope to those of you who haven't talked to CS yet, and were switched to pending.

+1 (only I actually spoke with "my" CS rep about 5 minutes ago)

GroundLoop said:
Let's ask this another way..

Is anyone who does NOT have a Carwings/VIN# still seeing a "Month of" or delivery week?

I suspect anyone who got a VIN is locked in, date unchanged.
Also, anyone who did not get a VIN just got whacked back into Pending while they move the VIPs to the front.

Any counter-examples?

My dashboard is still showing Month of May delivery. I'm not sure how long it's going to stay like this.

Beachcliffs said:
cinmar said:

+1 (only I actually spoke with "my" CS rep about 5 minutes ago)

Yep, me too. I am wondering if the CS rep's work by region, because it sounds like the three of us all spoke with the same CS and received the exact same info.

petfans said:
My dashboard is still showing Month of May delivery. I'm not sure how long it's going to stay like this.

Since May is only 3 months for you and you ordered in Feb., I believe Nissan will take care of the much earlier orders than yours, like all the 2010 orders. So I wouldn't expect it in May, but maybe June-Aug.

Very pleasant exchange with CS. Mine has really gone to pending. He offered up that there has been a problem getting sufficient power to the plant, but production should resume 8 April. Looks to me to be at lease a month delay.

Just to be clearer, not all January orders jumped the queue. The earlier half of January orders seem to be in the "forgotten group".

LEAFfan said:
Since May is only 3 months for you and you ordered in Feb., I believe Nissan will take care of the much earlier orders than yours, like all the 2010 orders. So I wouldn't expect it in May, but maybe June-Aug.

Leafan, I love your optimism and hope that you are right, but my confidence in Nissan doing the right thing is diminishing daily.

Ok I also am one of the skipped Sept. orders. I called CS and got the don't worry they are correcting the mistakes and you should be OK. THEN... I emailed my Dealer North Bay Nissan. I was told that they don't have a VIN, Cant confirm my car has been built,shipped or anything and they are going to forward it up the chain to find out some answers. I have been pleased with the service from North Bay througout this process but Nissan Corporate is getting me worried. Can it be worse than they are telling us? If they are messing this up what else is messed up? BTW this is my first Nissan Purchase and I am not sure if I would buy one again if this is how they do business. I have ordered new cars from Ford and they have been upfront with the order process and time frame. (SVT Cobra 1994, 1996, 2003) Yes its my first venture into eco friendlyness... Soon solar PV system and composting LOL???
Semper Fi

I received call from EV Project today to schedule installation of EVSE. They had information that my Leaf is projected to be delivered May 3rd. They are required to get the EVSE installed at least two weeks prior to the LEAF delivery, scheduled EVSE installation for Wednesday, 04-13.
I checked the dashboard and it still shows Month of May, but discovered that Carwings has opened up.
Carwings registration wouldn't work because it indicated I was already registered with the same E-mail address.
I found the link in another forum to log in directly to the Nissan Owner's website https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login and apparently Nissan had already entered me into the owner's database. The owners web site accepted the same user name and password that I use to get to the dashboard.
And the owner's web site has a VIN # JN1AZ0CP5BT002026. :D
So a May(be) appears to be moving toward Likely.
I hope more of the May(be)s have the same experience soon.

TimLee said:
I received call from EV Project today to schedule installation of EVSE. They had information that my Leaf is projected to be delivered May 3rd. They are required to get the EVSE installed at least two weeks prior to the LEAF delivery, scheduled EVSE installation for Wednesday, 04-13.
I checked the dashboard and it still shows Month of May, but discovered that Carwings has opened up.
Carwings registration wouldn't work because it indicated I was already registered with the same E-mail address.
I found the link in another forum to log in directly to the Nissan Owner's website https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login and apparently Nissan had already entered me into the owner's database. The owners web site accepted the same user name and password that I use to get to the dashboard.
And the owner's web site has a VIN # JN1AZ0CP5BT002026. :D
So a May(be) appears to be moving toward Likely.
I hope more of the May(be)s have the same experience soon.

Fingers crossed Tim !

Whenever i see someone who ordered before me get news of a pending delivery, I find myself thinking "yes, getting closer !!!"
Whenever i hear of someone who ordered AFTER me getting word of a pending delivery, I find myself thinking "s--t, that sucks", and "that puts me several more cars closer to missing out on the full $5k " (given that for every person on this board, there are several who are not)

Shaun

Back