May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished a converstation with CS. Oregon. Reserved 4/22. Ordered 12/10. May Delivery changed to Pending yesterday along with many others. CS apologized used the Tsunami excuse and said my car would be in production soon. I pressed CS for a new delivery date. CS apologized and said not until July. Bummer!

kinetic said:
Just finished a converstation with CS. Oregon. Reserved 4/22. Ordered 12/10. May Delivery changed to Pending yesterday along with many others. CS apologized used the Tsunami excuse and said my car would be in production soon. I pressed CS for a new delivery date. CS apologized and said not until July. Bummer!
Even then, they're just guessing too. One can guess though that if you had a May date and production stopped for 3 weeks that you're probably moved to late June or early July... Let's hope production ramps back up quick!

leafkabob said:
If Nissan is placing Sept orders into Penduary (and it looks like they are), then they may be doing a reallocation. Either that, or a whole bunch more cars were assigned VINS out of order than we think. (Or, a lot more were assigned to fleet, rental agencies, celebrities?).

My analysis of the trusty VIN spread sheet indicates the out of order started ~VIN 1050 and goes to ~VIN2150 based on highest VIN reported so far. That's ~1100 out of order.

My PD called me and said he noticed in their supplemental orders it showed my order with a VIN #, a manufactured date (exactly a month ago) but my DB and his dashboard still shows delivery as pending.

Long4Leaf said:
My analysis of the trusty VIN spread sheet indicates the out of order started ~VIN 1050 and goes to ~VIN2150 based on highest VIN reported so far. That's ~1100 out of order.
Isn't there a "check" digit in the VIN? If it's one of the last four digits, maybe that's only ~110 out of order? If it's 1100, then we're right to get mad. But 110? Not so much.

mweston said:
Long4Leaf said:
Isn't there a "check" digit in the VIN? If it's one of the last four digits, maybe that's only ~110 out of order? If it's 1100, then we're right to get mad. But 110? Not so much.

The ninth position digit is the 'check digit'

http://www.vehicleidentificationnumber.com/vehicle_identification_numbers_vin_detail.html

mgoleta said:
My PD called me and said he noticed in their supplemental orders it showed my order with a VIN #, a manufactured date (exactly a month ago) but my DB and his dashboard still shows delivery as pending.

For people who went from May->pending, can you now edit your color in the DB?

I went to pending and noticed the edit button is back to change the car color, but that probably would delay the car even more.

MaryC said:
I went to pending and noticed the edit button is back to change the car color, but that probably would delay the car even more.

It will not, because your car is not in production yet...

Let's ask this another way..

Is anyone who does NOT have a Carwings/VIN# still seeing a "Month of" or delivery week?

I suspect anyone who got a VIN is locked in, date unchanged.
Also, anyone who did not get a VIN just got whacked back into Pending while they move the VIPs to the front.

Any counter-examples?

This is exactly what happened to me too. Of the phone with Brendan @ Broadwalk, and confirmed that I still have a VIN even though my DB is back to Pending now. I also talked to Nissan CS, and it seems that NISSAN is completely clueless in this whole situation, other than saying that they are doing what they can to secure a LEAF for me AND with no estimation of delivery date.

mgoleta said:

Yep went from Month of May to pending some time between last night and tonight.

While not a "May" man, it is interesting fodder that my June Estimated Delivery date has not changed, it still shows month of June 2011, no Carwings and no VIN yet.

Beachcliffs said:
takoyaki said:
mgoleta said:
For people who went from May->pending, can you now edit your color in the DB?
That would be a "yes" from me. Only time will tell whether the dashboard or CS has more accurate information.

Maybe I should also ask this. Are there people in pending who can't edit their color?

I think anyone with "pending" as their status has the edit color enabled in the DB. I have always been able to edit color while in "pending" and unable to when I had a delivery. My PD confirmed the color and car options with the VIN# he has for me even though I am still in pending.

Mine went from May to pending, but either my edit button is not showing or I have forgotten where it is..

Back