May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
avanti5010 said:
edatoakrun said:
My 4/20 res., 10/1 order, April to May MOD, still stuck in May.

I would agree that "pending" is more likely a sign of progress, than a reason for concern.
Those of us who got the "pending" change also got an email today telling us our cars are not anywhere.
THIS IS NOT A SIGN OF PROGRESS! It most certainly is a reason for concern.

Obviously. I was wrong in my reading of the tea leaves.

And now it looks like even September orders are subject to a change to "pending".

No email for me, and no change in my "month of May"-yet.

Still month of May (be) and no update email from Nissan. Hmm, is this good or bad? I know this is minor in the scheme of things considering the suffering of the people in Japan, but Nissan got off on the wrong foot with their lack of communication and moving up delivery dates for folks with Jan./Feb. orders. The CA rebate does make a difference to our household.

On another note, I'm very appreciative of those who have been posting information to help keep us updated and help us figure out this process. :p

in email from Nissan:

like all of us, we are sure you are concerned with recent events in Japan over the last week. As a result of those events, you will notice the delivery timing on your "my account" page has been changed to "pending."

As a consequence of the earthquake and tsunami, a delay in the scheduled delivery date of your Nissan LEAF™ is unavoidable. We will refresh your "my account" page with delivery updates as they become available.

avanti5010 said:
Those of us who got the "pending" change also got an email today telling us our cars are not anywhere.
This doesn't appear to be strictly true. Two posts above yours, leaf561 reported getting an email that said his car was shipped, yet his sig file says his status went from April to May to "Pending." Has everyone who went back to pending actually received the "a delay in your delivery is unavoidable" email? There seems to be an exception to every pattern in this process, including this one. :evil:

As has been suggested before, if everyone would put their order details in their signature files w/ dates of reservation, RAQ, and delivery status, it would help us all see what patterns actually exist, whether they are real or imagined or simply unfathomable and diabolical. Entering and updating your data in the spreadsheet would also be helpful in trying to get the "big picture."

BTW, I am still "month of May" and have received no email of any kind from Nissan in the last few days. I wish I knew what that meant. :?
TT

solardude said:
in email from Nissan:

like all of us, we are sure you are concerned with recent events in Japan over the last week. As a result of those events, you will notice the delivery timing on your "my account" page has been changed to "pending."

As a consequence of the earthquake and tsunami, a delay in the scheduled delivery date of your Nissan LEAF™ is unavoidable. We will refresh your "my account" page with delivery updates as they become available.

Where you an April or May delivery?

I have received no "Please Help Japan" email. My dashboard still says Month of May.

So some folks got an email saying You car's on the boat, and some have gotten an email saying Sorry, you're back to "pending," but some May folks (like me) have gotten no email at all.

Wild speculation:

They still expect to ship some cars for May delivery, cars that are not yet on the boat, but that are not delayed past May by the disaster. Maybe these were to have been early May and are now late May. Or maybe they are sending out these emails and making the dashboard changes gradually.

I'm not holding my breath. Nissan seems to have a poor record about deadlines, and with the disaster being a higher priority than anything else, I'm going to expect my car middle to late summer.

Daniel

daniel said:
I have received no "Please Help Japan" email. My dashboard still says Month of May.

So some folks got an email saying You car's on the boat, and some have gotten an email saying Sorry, you're back to "pending," but some May folks (like me) have gotten no email at all.

Wild speculation:

They still expect to ship some cars for May delivery, cars that are not yet on the boat, but that are not delayed past May by the disaster. Maybe these were to have been early May and are now late May. Or maybe they are sending out these emails and making the dashboard changes gradually.

I'm not holding my breath. Nissan seems to have a poor record about deadlines, and with the disaster being a higher priority than anything else, I'm going to expect my car middle to late summer.

Daniel
I was a 'Month of May' order and also received no recent emails from Nissan. I pretty much expected that my order was another (insignificant) casualty of the disaster.

But this morning my dashboard shows a change to 'Week of April 29', Carwings opened and I have a VIN number. So apparently 'my' car made it out before the shutdown.

All of which is to say: lack of communication from Nissan doesn't necessarily mean anything, and they apparently send out emails using logic that escapes me.

Jim[/quote]
I was a 'Month of May' order and also received no recent emails from Nissan. I pretty much expected that my order was another (insignificant) casualty of the disaster.

But this morning my dashboard shows a change to 'Week of April 29', Carwings opened and I have a VIN number. So apparently 'my' car made it out before the shutdown.

All of which is to say: lack of communication from Nissan doesn't necessarily mean anything, and they apparently send out emails using logic that escapes me.[/quote]

I am still month of May, not changed to pending, no emails ... no logic in the emails. Since they seem to have some Leafs headed to Portland area, maybe ours will come on the same truck. :D

HIOJim said:

All of which is to say: lack of communication from Nissan doesn't necessarily mean anything, and they apparently send out emails using logic that escapes me.

Great, yet another later reservation and order moving ahead. Happy for you, but clearly not pleased with Nissan.

Beachcliffs said:
HIOJim said:

Great, yet another later reservation and order moving ahead. Happy for you, but clearly not pleased with Nissan.

I ordered December 1 (4/20 reservation) and got a VIN of 2088. My "month of May" went to "week of April 29" today. Given how high my VIN number is though, there have to be many others - hopefully yourself included - whose cars are either in port or arriving shortly, but have not yet received an update on their DB. Hopefully good news comes to you soon.

Thanks for the positive vibes. As much as I dislike reading about such situations, I am glad that you folks are posting so at least I have half a clue as to what is going on. The other half seems to be lost in the ether.

BTW - Too bad for our Huskies today. That was a game that they probably could have won.

ttweed said:
avanti5010 said:
This doesn't appear to be strictly true. Two posts above yours, leaf561 reported getting an email that said his car was shipped, yet his sig file says his status went from April to May to "Pending." Has everyone who went back to pending actually received the "a delay in your delivery is unavoidable" email?
I noticed May -> "Pending" transition 3-18 evening. No emails so far. I can still hope this state might transition to leaf561's state, who ordered in a similar time frame. Getting the "delay in your delivery" email would be discouraging.

The next 10 days are going to be tense, as the last two ships to leave before the earthquake are arriving.

I just refreshed my browser 6PM PDT and Carwings opened up. I have a "week of April 29th" delivery with a vin #1931.
I can see how someone who ordered in April 2010 and isn't this far along would be pi**ed. I really am in no hurry and was hoping for an end of summer delivery. I am gone from June until August. My Leaf will be lonely. :cry:
I have not gotten email from Nissan.

Res. 6-14-10
Ordered on: 01/25/2011
Confirmation number: 30931D86
Delivery week of April 29th

On seeing the weird changes reported on this thread, I logged in and found my delivery changed from May to week of April 27, and then I confirmed that I have not received any new e-mail except for the Red Cross plea (done!). I had suspected there would be a delay at least into June, so somehow my car must be among the safe 1500. I'm in east Tenn.

I wonder if certain option combinations affect the build date in this early going. Mine's a pretty basic and probably common blue SL. Could complicating the options list affect the queue?

Wow. This seems completely random. Luckily I still have a car that works.

Reserved 4/20
Ordered 10/7
Delivery = "Pending" -> "Month of May" -> and currently back to "Pending"

Red SL-ETEC
Kirkland, WA

Back