May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jcesare said:
Well there is one major differance, I noticed in the spreadsheet that you stated "September order, held up by eTEC and dashboard problems." It could be a software screwup pushed you back in the queue. What's your EV Project task#?
SDR-0194 - what's yours? Seems like a big jump as my home assessment was not long after ttweed's. And while the EV project numbers appear to be roughly sequential (like VINs) we aren't quite sure that they are or not...

drees said:
jcesare said:
Well there is one major differance, I noticed in the spreadsheet that you stated "September order, held up by eTEC and dashboard problems." It could be a software screwup pushed you back in the queue. What's your EV Project task#?
SDR-0194 - what's yours? Seems like a big jump as my home assessment was not long after ttweed's. And while the EV project numbers appear to be roughly sequential (like VINs) we aren't quite sure that they are or not...

SDR-0761

Assessment was done mid December.
Just got an email to sign my installation agreement.

jcesare said:
If these numbers are sequential - people like ttweed and me who are currently showing May while you are showing April definitely have valid reason for concern with only ~1700 CA rebates left with San Diego only being a fraction of total California deliveries...

jcesare said:
drees said:
jcesare said:

SDR-0761

Assessment was done mid December.
Just got an email to sign my installation agreement.

This makes me more mad the more I read.

SDR-0035 (YES 35!)
Approved 9/9/10
RAQ 10/1/10 (original september order group)

Delivery May (former april delivery thread starter)

No contact about installation.
Rancho Bernardo area.

My EV Project task number is SDR-0135. My approval was on 9/10. Reserved on 4/20, RAQ was delayed and I ordered on 10/1. My delivery was one of those that shifted from April to May. I hope the CA rebate pool doesn't run dry.

GroundLoop said:
My best guess is that "May" is a large bucket, and some will get further pushed out to June, and some will get pulled into late April, depending on delivery capacity.

Late April would be fine by me. As long as CA rebate funds are still available, I am OK with waiting. But, on principal alone, I will be canceling our order if later orders are filled that use up the CCVRP funds before our delivery. Without the rebate, we might as well see what Ford and other manufacturers make available in 2012.

Email said April delivery but noticed a couple of weeks ago the website now says May... no email though... guess they only send good news..

Ordered end of Nov...

Rat said:
You may be right about the dashboard, but I was told by both Nissan NA and my dealer that my car was in production, so I believe it was.
I think Gary is right that "in production" doesn't necessarily mean assembled. First the order has to be sequenced. A week or two later all the parts will be assembled (this is actually when the car gets the VIN). Maybe a week or two later the car is assembled and painted -- the actual production date. Then it has to be inspected and subjected to the QC tests. If it fails then it has to be fixed. "Production" is a long process not the few hours it takes to actually assemble the car. It doesn't necessarily mean "being assembled".

My guess would be that if a car were assembled this week it might show up here at the very end of April or, more likely, the first part of May. That's just a guess but it's probably optimistic.

Beachcliffs said:
on principal alone, I will be canceling our order if later orders are filled that use up the CCVRP funds before our delivery. Without the rebate, we might as well see what Ford and other manufacturers make available in 2012.
It looks like everyone here is assuming that no more money will ever be added to the CA rebate pool. Does anyone have any specific information that will be the case, or is it just pessimism from the general state of the budget? CCSE has said that if you file when the pool is dry, you keep your place in line and if more funds are added then you get your rebate in turn - even if it's a year or more later. Some (not all) people in this situation might prefer to buy a Leaf and keep their place in line rather than gamble on Ford, if there were a reasonable chance that rebates would be extended later.

The bigger gamble is that the rebate rules change. While you do get in a "filed" queue after the funds run out, there's no assurance that the same rules will apply when the Rebate is funded again. Amounts could be reduced, or new qualifications added. See the large Rebate thread.

Kataphn said:
mikek said:
I am in a similar situation. September order month, ordering on October 1st. After a couple of weeks of April, my order month is now May. >>>
multiple people that ordered in January that have April and May delivery estimates!?! Nothing against them, however I feel as if I was unfairly passed by for some reason...

EVPID: SDR-0033

Me, too...same situation exactly.
You folks, Kataphn and mikek, ordered almost 2 months before me (Nov 24), and yet we all are in the "First April, then bumped to May" crowd. I guess I should be grateful for getting May.

Has anyone in the "Ordered in January, delivery scheduled for April" likewise gotten a bump to May ? It seems reasonable to assume the date gets reassessed by some "downstream" delivery folks after your car is scheduled for production by the "upstream" folks.

tbleakne said:
Has anyone in the "Ordered in January, delivery scheduled for April" likewise gotten a bump to May ? It seems reasonable to assume the date gets reassessed by some "downstream" delivery folks after your car is scheduled for production by the "upstream" folks.
Not me. I ordered on 1/31 and my "estimated delivery" is still showing as "month of April 2011". Don't ask me why; it does seem quite odd, and I certainly don't "deserve" to jump ahead in line. All I can think of is that maybe, just maybe, it could have something to do with car shipments to different dealers being timed differently. My PD is Fontana Nissan, and I know that tbleakne picked a different dealer. tbleakne and I have virtually identical car orders, so I don't see how production sequencing could be a factor.

abasile said:
All I can think of is that maybe, just maybe, it could have something to do with car shipments to different dealers being timed differently.
No - as I've stated before jcesare has his car going to the exact same dealer. That's not it. You've also ordered from Fontana which is a high volume Leaf dealer - if dealership allocations were a significant factor I'd expect that your delivery would be delayed.

abasile said:
tbleakne said:
Not me. I ordered on 1/31 and my "estimated delivery" is still showing as "month of April 2011". Don't ask me why; it does seem quite odd, and I certainly don't "deserve" to jump ahead in line. All I can think of is that maybe, just maybe, it could have something to do with car shipments to different dealers being timed differently. My PD is Fontana Nissan, and I know that tbleakne picked a different dealer. tbleakne and I have virtually identical car orders, so I don't see how production sequencing could be a factor.
I give it to about March 10 for an update ;)

I ordered 10/25, with delivery date bumped from April to May. My main concern is those that ordered a month or two after me will bump ahead of me (and those who ordered before me) in the state rebate line, which would be totally unfair. Within reason, I'm willing to wait however long it takes for Nissan to get my LEAF to me. But, if that causes someone who ordered after me to take my rebate, I'll be pretty peeved.

drees said:
jcesare said:
If these numbers are sequential - people like ttweed and me who are currently showing May while you are showing April definitely have valid reason for concern with only ~1700 CA rebates left with San Diego only being a fraction of total California deliveries...
I'm WAR-235. But I was defintely not the 235th guy to get a Leaf in WA. I'm probably within 20.

cinmar said:
I ordered 10/25, with delivery date bumped from April to May. My main concern is those that ordered a month or two after me will bump ahead of me (and those who ordered before me) in the state rebate line, which would be totally unfair. Within reason, I'm willing to wait however long it takes for Nissan to get my LEAF to me. But, if that causes someone who ordered after me to take my rebate, I'll be pretty peeved.

As an early October orderer myself, consider me a member of the "4-P" club that is bemoaning Nissan's lack of adherence to the "7-Ps".

4-P = Pretty Peeved Potential Patron
7-Ps = Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

I got bumped from an April delivery to a May delivery also...
I have two concerns now:

1) that my space in the queue for the CA rebate is going to get jumped. That is unsettling.
2) that the delay may now be indefinitely put off due to the earthquake/tsunami.

Anyone else feeling these uneasy feelings?

I am ordering from Fontana Nissan as well.

Back