May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dealer -- Nissan Sunnyvale -- received the invoice for our Leaf today, and told us to expect delivery in 4-7 days.

Finally received my Leaf yesterday. :D North Bay Nissan was effecient in getting me through the sigining process painlessly. Very happy with car so far.

Two weeks ago CS told me my car would leave port last week. Today Online Chat told me my car is still in port waiting for a train. I presume they're holding it in port until they can find someone else to give it to (as they did with the car that was in Portland and assigned to me, VIN 1201) and then they'll re-schedule me for a car slated for production in a couple of months.

My week of 5/6 delivery date came and went at which point they told me it would be leaving on a train soon and my dashboard updated to week of 5/27. Then on 5/16 they said it hadn't left yet and were not really able to explain why. Then yesterday they said it hadn't left yet with no reason. Then today they said it is waiting for accessories; The Protection Package, and the Organizational Package. They said if I cancelled the accessories it would delay my car longer but when I pushed asking when the parts were coming (He didn't know) and insisting they be cancelled he said they couldn't be cancelled. Is going to give me an update on Friday but I doubt it is going to be a good one. Earlier this month was told it takes 2 to 3 weeks to get from port to my dealership. Today I was told up to two weeks. So I guess it could still technically get here the "week of 5/27" but I'm not holding my breath :(

Not sure if the "7 day email" that people reference is the same, but this is what i got today:

the excitement of driving a part of automotive history is almost here! Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer soon. Once you take delivery of the vehicle, your initial $99 reservation fee will be refunded. If you have any further questions about the delivery process, just contact your Nissan Dealer

anyone know if this form email is what people are receiving?

opencar said:
Not sure if the "7 day email" that people reference is the same, but this is what i got today:

the excitement of driving a part of automotive history is almost here! Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer soon. Once you take delivery of the vehicle, your initial $99 reservation fee will be refunded. If you have any further questions about the delivery process, just contact your Nissan Dealer

I got that email the day before my first week of date only to get an email the next day saying my delivery timing had been updated to three weeks later so I have no idea what it is that triggers that email.

LEAFer said:
daniel said:
... and then they'll re-schedule me for a car slated for production in a couple of months.
So .... how's that Porsche doing ? Sounds like you'll be "running" that one first :)

They're neck and neck. The Leaf is "waiting for a train." Never mind that there are trains all over the place and they could ship out a whole boatload of cars in a day if they gave a hoot. The Porsche is waiting for batteries to clear customs. Customs doesn't give a hoot either. The difference is that the guy working on the Porsche has never made me any promises other than to do his best.

Even money says the two cars arrive on the same day in a couple of months from now.

QueenBee said:
opencar said:

I got that email the day before my first week of date only to get an email the next day saying my delivery timing had been updated to three weeks later so I have no idea what it is that triggers that email.
I got that email about a month ago. Still waiting, no end in sight.

daniel said:
Yes it would seem that is the "ready to ship" email. You must have recieved it just as Nissan stopped everything to make the multiple fixes.
Unless the other shoe drops, I don't think this is still happening.

I do hope you get yours soon ;)

smkettner said:
daniel said:
Yes it would seem that is the "ready to ship" email. You must have recieved it just as Nissan stopped everything to make the multiple fixes.
Unless the other shoe drops, I don't think this is still happening.

I do hope you get yours soon ;)
The multiple fixes business does not explain why they told me I would get VIN 1201 which they said was in Portland, and then they decided to sell that car to someone else and assign me a different VIN which was either in Long Beach or still on the boat back then. My best guess is somebody had some clout with the company so they reassigned my car to them and bumped me down to one that was at the back of the fix-em line. I'd imagine there's a lot of that going on. When a friend suggested that, I rejected the idea. Why would Nissan get involved in such underhanded dealings? Well, after all the crap they've dumped on us, I'm now inclined to believe that there's been plenty of underhanded shenanigans going on, starting with (probably) corruption in the selection of the criminal AeroVironment to supply the EVSEs and going on down to the rampant "disappearance" of cars and orders.

Did your DB say VIN 1201? Anything told to you by CS was probably misleading at best if not flat out wrong.
I don't think it is worth anyones bloodpressure to call CS for status or delivery information.

For all I know 1201 fell off the truck and Nissan is building a new one.

While corporate Nissan has made some big blunders I do think they are now trying to get your car to you asap.
The ordering blunder and other delays has made this a SNAFU process.

smkettner said:
Did your DB say VIN 1201?
The page most people are calling the dashboard does not give VINs. My "Owner's Portal" gave the VIN ending 1201. My dealer also said he had me listed for 1201. After it had been there a while, CS told me that was not my car, but they had no other information. When the car failed to come a couple of weeks after the date that both my dashboard and my dealer had told me, I called again, and after some shuffling around my Owner's Portal was upgraded to show a different VIN, but with someone else's name on it. The "Delete Driver" button failed to delete that driver or his pin. Eventually they cleared that off.

If it was just one car, maybe it fell off the truck. But hundreds of people are being jerked around exactly the same way!

At this point I believe NOTHING except that Nissan are a pack of incompetent a-holes. My dealer has been treated as badly as I have, and has been lied to by Nissan even more than I have been. Example: My dealer was told by Nissan that he would be able to place the orders for all his customers on August 31. We all knew that was wrong, but the representative from Nissan, assigned to my dealer by Nissan SPECIFICALLY for the Leaf told him that.

daniel said:
smkettner said:
Well your situation is worse than most. :(
Thank you, but I suspect my situation is typical.
Your situation is typical? :?: I'm afraid your frustration level has colored your objectivity. Out of the thousand+ users on this forum, there is no doubt that most of us who have inquired about our status have been misled (OK, lied to) by CS reps at some point. But I can think of only a few who have reported they had cars "lost" or had multiple VINs assigned over the course of their order experience, and some of these were people from the SF Bay area who were added to the EV Project late and changed their orders to include the QC port, resulting in a VIN change. If this were "typical," it would mean a majority of people experienced such problems, and more than one out of every two users would be reporting such treatment. That is clearly not happening from what I have read on this forum. Despite the delays, most people are getting one VIN assigned and eventually taking delivery of that car.

Obviously, you are angry about your situation, and are definitely more vocal than most in expressing your angst, but I have to agree with smkettner that your situation is worse than most have faced in the delivery process. I'm actually surprised you are still hanging in and waiting for your Leaf. If I had a Porsche EV waiting in the wings, I think I would have bailed a long time ago.

TT

Okay, maybe "typical" was not the best word. I'll say "common." Lots of folks have reported the kind of run-around I'm getting. And the problem with bailing on the Leaf is that the Porsche is not a certainty. It's being fixed, but until I am driving it, there's no telling if some new problem will come up that delays it another six months. The fellow working on it has never promised a delivery date, but he had high hopes of finishing it before the end of 2010, and at this point we are waiting for batteries that are supposed to be at customs, but until he reports that they have arrived, they are still a pig in a poke.

Well, my dashboard has been on May 30th for awhile, then out of the blue, it changed to June 3rd. I then got the 7 day email. I called Nissan CS this morning to try and find out what was going on, they said it was at the port waiting for delivery. I figured I would have to move to the June delivery page.

Well, I just got a call from the wife and apparently it is at the dealer ready to be picked-up. I actually could have gotten it yesterday, but he said he couldn't get a hold of us. So, I'm off to the dealer this afternoon. Hopefully there won't be any snags.

Don't know about the CS call this morning, I would have figured they would know it was already at the dealer. Still stunned that it is actually here and, unbelievably, early!

Off to the owners list! Best wishes to the remaining May delivery dates.

The pessimist in me is waiting to update my signature and spreadsheet until I actuallynhave the car in the driveway. Now if only I can resolve the ECOtality/LADWP mess and get my Blink installed.

This is unforgivable! Another Feb. delivery before a Sept. order! And I just got an email today saying my car was being delayed AGAIN to week of June 13 which means at least June 20th or later. It's still at the port for some friggin' unknown reason. It's been there over two months, going on three! Someone posted a Nissan's VP email address. Does anyone have it? I want to send a 'nice' email to them. Thanks.

daniel said:
smkettner said:
Did your DB say VIN 1201?
The page most people are calling the dashboard does not give VINs. My "Owner's Portal" gave the VIN ending 1201.
Daniel, can you explain the difference please?

I only know of one site which i access here http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/index#/leaf-electric-car/index

Maybe the other one has a "yes I'm ready to take delivery of my car now" button ? ;-)

Back