Loud Beep!Beep!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumanm

We have disabled the steering assist. We are using only the adaptive cruise.
Why the steering assist beeps with it finds a lane and when it looses a lane. I do not care but there is no way to turn off the sounds :evil: :( without turning off the functionality.

but after eliminating most of the beeps from the car there is another very loud Beep Beep which alarming but at nandom intervals on my 2019 Leaf + Sometimes it goes off near a speed limit change and other times not near any sign or obstacle. Some times 3 times on the same trip that yesterday was 0. Dirver alert shows on the dash. So it is not like the driver is not paying attention.
Their are no waring lights or display changes from the car. :|
This Beep!Beep! is lound enough to startly the drive that could cause a loss of control.
Thanks and I appreciate any assistance.

That sounds to me like the annoying sounds that Pro Pilot makes when it loses "sight" on the painted road lines it uses to steer the car. I hear the "lines lost" sound as "Uh Oh!" and the "lines reacquired" sound as "ok!" Very approximately, of course. ;-)

Hi,
If you have disable Sterringassisit there shouldn't be sounds delated to that. There are two lane keeping warning settings. One for normal driving and one for use with adaptive cruise/ProPilot. Even it starring assist is off the Lane Departure ( I think the is what it's named) will still function.
They are both in the Driver Assist page of the dash display.
The only other noises I have heard are the blind spot warning or collision alert. The collision alert is very low and will surprise you if you don;'t expect it.
If all the other settings are off you might have a finicky radar sensor. Dealer should check that under warantee.
Hope that helps,

Greg

Greg is right. Go into the Pro Pilot settings and turn off the lane assist warning. It will still shake the steering wheel if the car goes out of lane while Pro pilot is on, but the beeps will not sound. My bad.

The lane assistant was already off and that by the way is less obtrusive chime that it lost the lane then found it again.
The Loud and annoying BEEP! BEEP! was from the map when I was going into a known lower speed zone. We turned it off successfully. Edit map setting notification and speed notification.
Turn off notification. Problem solved.

thumanm said:
The lane assistant was already off and that by the way is less obtrusive chime that it lost the lane then found it again.
The Loud and annoying BEEP! BEEP! was from the map when I was going into a known lower speed zone. We turned it off successfully. Edit map setting notification and speed notification.
Turn off notification. Problem solved.

Wow! I didn't even know that was available. It should help me maintain maximum State Farm discounts with their Bluetooth monitoring device.

Back