Los Angeles Metro Area Leafers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
daveowenville said:
I am holding my breath on my February delivery, waiting for a bunch of you folks to get yours. Here's my now publicly-stated hope that as you folks start driving the freeways of Los Angeles, you'll start posting your range at real highway speeds (ie 80mph on the 134/210, say.)

I certainly will be. Every day I commute. But I may hold speeds down a bit from 80mph. At least until I verify just what the battery will take.

Our car will only be getting 30-40 mph, since it will be be driving the 101 at rush hour. :lol: :x

My 28 mile one way commute encompasses the 118, 405 and 10, as well as a number of surface streets. I am in stop and go traffic at less then 10mph and stretches where 70 is slow. So, it will be interesting to see what my real world range actually is...

WWBD said:
Our car will only be getting 30-40 mph, since it will be be driving the 101 at rush hour. :lol: :x

I have an old Ford Focus that will be getting the axe. My wife gets the new Leaf (of course :lol: ), and I will get her hand-me-down Prius.

It's a 2000 model year, 95k miles. 4 new tires. New serpentine belt. It's been a great car (got it right before leaving for college), never any major problems. Ford got the Focus right.

Got my car! It's at home here in Studio City. Very happy with the service and the price I got at Performance Nissan in Duarte. Ask for Gina. :D

Very glad that my delivery status has now moved to "April" from "Pending". What I am now trying to figure out is why I have never heard from the EV Project, good or bad about participating in their program? Yes, I completed the survey both when prompted by Nissan last year and then again recently at the EV Project website. Does anyone know if Hermosa (90254) is a covered area?

This was as of the middle of December. But the project in LA was, at the time, full, and I don't think there have been any changes:

EVP_LA.jpg

I have sent e-mails to ECOtality to no avail. Nissan did reply to my e-mail and suggested that I call their EV toll free number, which I did. I spoke with a "Hillary" and she promised that she would look into the matter. Apparently, we "did not meet the criteria" last summer. But, at that time, I did not realize that I should answer the questions based on my wife using the car (which will be the case). Hillary does not know how much information she will be able to glean, but she did indicate that she would ask for details on why we initially did not meet criteria and if there was any more room available in the program, could we be reconsidered.

If I hear back from ECOtality or Nissan, I will post another update.

I am happy to report that I also received a call today from Valerie with ECOtality's LA Area office. She e-mailed the proper survey to complete to see if we might still qualify for the project. She was very nice, and I had the distinct impression that being included in the program is still a possibility. Apparently, it can take four weeks to receive a response. But, at least now I have a name and number to call to follow up.

2/16 Update: survey has been verified and kicked up to corporate, should receive an LAR# with in two weeks - we are keeping our fingers crossed.

2/18 Update: the following is part of my recent "chat" with online Nissan rep - she seems to confirm that if we are ultimately approved for participation in eTec program and ECOtality notifies Nissan of such, then a price adjustment or rebate will indeed be forthcoming:

Mark (me):
once they notify - will the cost of the level 2 port be deducted from my quoted price?

Jesse (Nissan rep):
It will be deducted if possible or refunded manually depending on when the account is updated.

Beachcliffs said:
2/16 Update: survey has been verified and kicked up to corporate, should receive an LAR# with in two weeks - we are keeping our fingers crossed.

2/25 Update: In reply to an e-mail I sent requesting a status update, I am told that we are "approved to proceed by the Field Services Director". But, we have not yet received formal notice of such. I remain encouraged, but am not counting on being included in the program just yet. Of course, if car does not arrive in time to qualify for the CCV rebate, I very well might just decide to wait and see what other ZEV options are available next year anyway.

Hey Gang,

I reserved the first minute of the first day, ordered the minute they said go, Oct, 26, 2010. My status is currently showing and holding at 'Month of April.' even as co-workers who also had 'Month of April' status have been down graded to 'Month of May.' Those people ordered in January.

I live in the Mid-Wilshire district, my dealer, Downtown Nissan. I have been fully approved and accepted into the Ecotality program and am getting a free Blink L2 charger. I think that was mostly about being early and having the right situation location wise and commute-wise.

Can't wait!

Willieworks said:
Hey Gang,

I reserved the first minute of the first day, ordered the minute they said go, Oct, 26, 2010. My status is currently showing and holding at 'Month of April.' even as co-workers who also had 'Month of April' status have been down graded to 'Month of May.' Those people ordered in January.

I live in the Mid-Wilshire district, my dealer, Downtown Nissan. I have been fully approved and accepted into the Ecotality program and am getting a free Blink L2 charger. I think that was mostly about being early and having the right situation location wise and commute-wise.

Can't wait!

Willie, just curious...did you get a discount from Downtown Nissan?

Back