Light above front passenger seat won't turn off (help!)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

margie100

There are two lights above the front seat. One on the driver side, and one on the passenger side. All of a sudden, the light above the passenger seat refuses to turn off!

The switch in the middle has three settings: ON, DOOR, OFF. No matter which setting I choose, the right side light stays *on*. (The left side light works as expected.)

I have even left the setting in DOOR, turned the car off, locked it, and walked away -- the right-side light is still on. (Strangely, it all positions it is *brighter* than the left side light when it is on.)

Help?! (Thanks)

margie100 said:
There are two lights above the front seat. One on the driver side, and one on the passenger side. All of a sudden, the light above the passenger seat refuses to turn off!

Put your finger on the little nub on the lamp lens and push up on the lens itself. It's the map light that's on, not the interior light.

mwalsh said:
Put your finger on the little nub on the lamp lens and push up on the lens itself. It's the map light that's on, not the interior light.
Yes, regardless of the position of the switch in the middle, you can turn the light on or off by pressing on the light. :cool:

mwalsh said:

I just had this problem last night and couldn't find the solution in the LEAF owners' manual. So I went all the way back to July 2011 and found the solution here on the MNL forum. Just another example of the value of the collective wisdom that is posted in the forum to help us LEAF owners.

EVDRIVER said:
I used black spray paint.

Someone mentioned using black paint to cover the light that is on. My solution was to cover it with paper until I found a solution or took the LEAF to the dealer to fix. But now you know the best solution.

Back