Leaves all over the place

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lemketron said:
Today we drove the CR-V to Half Moon Bay (70 miles round trip, 280 to 92 and back) and I wondered whether we'd be able to make a trip like that in the LEAF without at least a partial charge in HMB (but saw no obvious places to obtain one, online or in person).

Then, just after leaving HMB eastbound on 92 this evening we passed someone heading westbound in a brand-new blue Leaf from Boardwalk. I'm really curious where they were headed (home to HMB perhaps?) and whether they intend to commute back and forth over 92 every day...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've driven this route. You would have made it in your Leaf with 100% charge :cool:

I know of at least one Leaf owner that lives in Half Moon Bay.
They have their J1772 listed on Plugshare.
(They are active on this forum too.)

I saw a silver LEAF from Downtown LA motors parked at Travel Town this weekend (by Griffith Park) as well as a blue LEAF that silently passed me in downtown Montrose. Almost didn't notice it. They're popping up everywhere.

TEG said:
I know of at least one Leaf owner that lives in Half Moon Bay.
They have their J1772 listed on Plugshare.
(They are active on this forum too.)
This is good to hear. The Coastside Running Club is putting on the inaugural Half Moon Bay International Marathon in September, and trying to make it as green as possible (example: signups are only online -> no paper). I will probably be out of town, but was considering loaning them my Leaf to use during the event, but wasn't sure if there was a good option to charge it so they could get it back to my place afterwards. But I hadn't gotten as far as actually looking for an available charger.

As there are many kinds of snow to an Eskimo,
there are many words for groups of LEAFs.

A few close together, usually parked: a Cluster of LEAFs.

A larger group, several clusters, perhaps about 1 or 2 dozen: a "branch" of LEAFs.

A couple of branches, and one has maybe two score: a bushel of LEAFs.

Several bushels, and you have a tree of LEAFs.

Then, like at the Port of LA, when there are too many to count, one has a "forest" of LEAFs.

A small cluster of the same color: a coincidence of LEAFs.

A cluster of 5, one of each color: a swoon of LEAFs.

Then, based on movement:
A LEAF passing by, usually going the opposite direction, a fluttering LEAF.

Several leaving or arriving: a rustle of LEAFs

After the tsunami hits, a flood of LEAFs

Many racing around a track at stem-breaking speed: a tornado of LEAFs

and so on. :D

garygid said:
there are many words for groups of LEAFs.
and so on. :D
The most common collection I've ever dealt with is a PILE of leaves...but that might be hard on a LEAF's body panels...

drees said:
TRONZ said:
It's a thing of beauty. I hope to soon be seeing them like Prii everywhere.
San Diego must be behind a bit. Have only seen 2 LEAFs out in the wild (1 spotted twice), but it seems that in the last 3 months there have been a TON of new Prii on the road. Seems like I can't drive a mile without seeing one w/dealer plates.

There are sightings being reported on a San Diego thread - 3 blue ones in Sorrento Valley. Plus 2 silver, 1 black, and 1 red (mine) in University City (San Diego):
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=403&p=97752#p97752

garygid said:

Myth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eskimo_words_for_snow

The "Eskimo words for snow" claim is a popular urban legend, alleging that Eskimos have an unusually large number of words for snow. The urban legend usually attributes this to the Inuit people of North America, where there is no single "Eskimo" language. In general, the Eskimo-Aleut languages have about the same number of distinct word roots referring to snow as English does.[1][2] In contrast, the European Sami People, an indigenous circumpolar group, have "hundreds of words for snow".[3][4]

Languages in the Inuit/Innu language group add suffixes to words to express the same concepts expressed in English and many other languages by means of compound words, phrases, and even entire sentences. One can create a practically unlimited number of new words in the Eskimoan languages on any topic, not just snow, and these same concepts can be expressed in other languages using combinations of words. It is therefore not relevant or meaningful to compare the number of words between languages that create words in different ways due to different grammatical structures.[1][5][6] Most linguists today consider it a myth that Eskimos have an unusually large number of words for snow.

TRIED to see the new Woody Allen movie in Irvine at Westpark on Sunday. The parking lot and the theater were too crowded, so we passed until Monday, but I saw a blue LEAF identical to mine, down to the Connell Nissan paper plate parked in one of the rows I drove down. Dr Leslie, perhaps? I can't recall if she got hers from Connell, but I think she did.

Great film, by the way, if you like Woody's stuff. Not a classic, but very enjoyable if you have any basic exposure to art and/or literature history, or even if you don't.

Lotta Leafs in the San Francisco bay area. Saw three in one day a couple of weeks ago. Have yet to see a Volt though.

I took my car to the local car wash for the first time and it turns out that it's not the first time they have washed a LEAF there. Now I wonder who could be the other leaf owner! Now, it would be awesome if it was a she, there's a great icebreaker!

sdbmania said:
Now I wonder who could be the other leaf owner! Now, it would be awesome if it was a she, there's a great icebreaker!
I can see it now, "Hey baby! Wanna see my 100% Electric, Zero Emission, Nissan LEAF?"

Seen a different LEAF every day for a week from 5/16 to 5/22 in the San Jose/Los Gatos area. I often see a LEAF parked not far from where I live and it's been there since at least February/early March.
I have seen all colors but red in the wild.

Double LEAF wave on University Drive in Irvine today!

A Cayenne Red LEAF with Mossy paper plates (I believe) was driving west bound on University as I was driving east around 11:30 am. We both waved.

I was surprised how good it felt to wave to another LEAFer.

Was that any of you MNLers?

So I leave work yesterday at about 6 or so from downtown LA and get on the 110 south, as soon as I get on a white Leaf lets me merge in front of them and we drive a bit and I pull up on his left and then I look out my driver's window and there is a silver Leaf. While I have seen a couple parked here and there these are the first on the road and here we are a silver, red and a white leaf 3 across heading south on the 110...I felt so common :lol:

Back