Leather seats re-upholstery. Rear seat heater switch.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njleaf

I recently re-upholstered the interior. The rear seat heat switch cover keeps popping out of place, because of the thickness of the leather. Anyone encountered the same problem and successfully dealt with it? Thanks.

I have exactly the same problem. Unfortunately no solution that I know of, but I'm hoping someone else can suggest something. I wonder if a brand new plastic cover (one which has never been pried off) would have enough grip to stay in place?

njleaf said:
I recently re-upholstered the interior. The rear seat heat switch cover keeps popping out of place, because of the thickness of the leather. Anyone encountered the same problem and successfully dealt with it? Thanks.

I had the seats re-done in full leather, and the seat heater switch also popped off.
I admit, after finding it the floor for the 20th time, I bought "Super Glue Extra Thick Gel", applied it liberally, and it has not popped off in 6 months.

I'll deal with a new switch cover if I ever need to remove it when the time comes, but the cover laying on the floor really detracted when I showed people what I had done with the car.

If you go this route, DONT BE SHY with the glue; You only get the one chance.

Good Luck

Hi,

I just worked on mine too, and had the same problem. I found the issue was the foam backing on the new leather was too thick. So I trimmed back all the form so just the thin leather is behind the switch cover. It's worked so far.

I have a question for you guys. I'm going to cover the back seat now but I don't know how to get the seat backs out of the car (I was able to get the back seat itself out). What's the trick?

Thanks,
Dave

I'd like to see some photos of the leather.

I think if I were going to have the seats re-covered, I'd probably also change out the carpet, it seems to be of inferior quality.

adric22 said:
I'd like to see some photos of the leather.
+1

We had an older thread on that, but it would be nice to see what owners are doing with their 2012 Leafs.

Back