LEAF stars in Parental Guidance

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyellen

It was cool to see a bright, shiny LEAF in the garage of the super high-tech "smart" home in this cute movie (that really stars Billy Crystal, Bette Midler, and Marisa Tomei). The first shot showed the car being charged through the AE/Nissan wall EVSE. There was a somewhat weird moment when the car was being driven away and it sounded like they added engine noise (not the cool whistle/whirr of an actual EV), and I'm not sure how Bette's character was going to get Marisa to the airport and back (in Atlanta where nothing is all that close!) without stopping for a few hours of charging - but even still, it was great seeing the car up on the big screen.

I don't see a problem with them making it to the Airport. I live in Canton, Georgia which is 49 miles from the airport at mostly 55 mph hwy. I would have an issue, but I'm on the farthest outskirts to be still considered "Atlanta."

It was nice to see the Leaf featured, would have been nice if Nissan had gone further and eliminated the Yukon they used for something a little more earth friendly.

It wasn't right to have the drive off noise that of an ICE though. Most people didn't notice it, but we Leaf driver's sure did.

Caracalover said:
It wasn't right to have the drive off noise that of an ICE though. Most people didn't notice it, but we Leaf driver's sure did.

I'll lay odds the guys doing audio in post-production were all like "Damn, the microphone wasn't working for this driveaway shot. All it picked up is this weird whirring noise!" "Don't worry about it, we'll stick the V8 track in there".

Back