LEAF Review on MSNBC.com

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azrich

Nissan’s new Leaf is the perfect commuter car

The 2011 Nissan Leaf is nothing less than miraculous. After decades of waiting fruitlessly for commercialization of various science fiction inventions like the jetpack, the flying car and the robot maid, Nissan has finally delivered a regular, normal everyday car that runs on battery power.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40420491/ns/business-going_green/

garygid said:
Seems positive, right?

Unlike the Forbes end of the spectrum, this seems like it might be rather firmly at the other (blindly pro-EV) end? :D

I dunno about that. The article mostly states the facts rather plainly, and even comments on the handling:

As for the car itself, the Leaf is an unremarkable economy car. The numb, over-assisted electric power steering contributes to a synthesized, artificial driving experience reminiscent of a driving simulator, and the budget suspension parts and fuel-economy tires leave the handling wanting.

The author doesn't seem to fall over himself one way or the other. Which is good - that's how it should be. The Forbes article was more a direct attack on the very idea of an electric car, rather than saying anything about a specific vehicle.
=Smidge=

i am grateful that article does exactly that; state facts. minimal opinion. no comment on "babying" the car to get the 80 miles, etc. very fair assesment of the situation

Back