Leaf on Show at our So Cal Costco

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

Anybody else ever seen the Leaf at their Costco?

bi6jwg.jpg

Sure surprised me . . . normally I'm only finding Caddy SUV's and many other land barges in front of Costco. I didn't ask what the discount was . . . . but I noticed the Leaf came from the local - Irvine dealership. Funny thing is Costco has flat out REFUSED to consider J1772 EVSE installations, after they ripped out all of the old style paddle chargers. What an irony on top of an irony.

Portland Costco on Airport Way had a Leaf about a year ago. I did not see any since then, but now I do not have to go Costco so often :D .

occ said:
Really!?! Lake Forest Costco?
Lake Forest doesn't have a Costco, but the Irvine Costco is just a couple miles from the Lake Forest Border off Bake Parkway ... maybe a 5 minute bike ride from us.

I was at Costco today and I asked if they were going to put in ev charging stations. Short answer was NO. I told them that they probably won't do anything like that until Sams club put them in.

Interesting. I have refused to go to Costco since last year when they ripped out all of their EV chargers. I refuse to do business with gas companies and Costco has committed to being an air polluting gas station outlet.

Glad go see they are showing a Leaf but until they add some dc fast charge stations or some L2 chargers to their stores, Costco is part of the problem and a corporate looser in my book.

To summarize, Costco your gas pedling company sucks :). I hope you change your greedy looser ways or die a quick death.

EVDrive said:
Interesting. I have refused to go to Costco since last year when they ripped out all of their EV chargers. I refuse to do business with gas companies and Costco has committed to being an air polluting gas station outlet.
Ironically Walmart seems to be stepping up to fill the void left by Costco. Now I know a lot of people have other objections to Walmart and won't shop there however enlightened their environmental policy is as compared to Costco, so...

It's a good time to patronize Kohl's, Walgreen's, and Ikea. I wrote to Kohl's HQ "green" customer relations to thank them for their support of EV's, and to let them know that I became acquainted with what Kohl's has to offer because of this, and go out of my way now to shop even at Kohl's stores which don't yet have EV charging.

other reasons to patronize Kohls is they have committed to hiring at least 50,000 employees for the holiday season. does not sound like much but it is a huge financial commitment on their part

walterbays said:
.................. snip .......... It's a good time to patronize Kohl's, Walgreen's, and Ikea. I wrote to Kohl's HQ "green" customer relations to thank them for their support of EV's, and to let them know that I became acquainted with what Kohl's has to offer because of this, and go out of my way now to shop even at Kohl's stores which don't yet have EV charging.
don't forget .... Ikea too, has stepped up to the EVSE plate. And for the money - there 99¢ Tuesday breakfast is pretty decent too ;)

I completely disagree. Costco has far better customer service, better prices, and treats their employees far better than just about any major outlet. That, to me, far outweighs any other considerations such as EVSEs, and Costco has always been and will always be my first choice for anything. I wish all companies were as well run and thoughtful as Costco is! Oh, and I usually buy my gas there as well...

EVDrive said:
To summarize, Costco your gas pedling company sucks :). I hope you change your greedy looser ways or die a quick death.

DaveinOlyWA said:
other reasons to patronize Kohls is they have committed to hiring at least 50,000 employees for the holiday season. does not sound like much but it is a huge financial commitment on their part
Don't get too excited it is not a big jump from last holiday season.

Yep, they had one a month or so ago at mine... But as was said earlier, it is up to the dealer to showcase whatever vehicle they want. And the dealer displays rotate among the dealers in the program.

BudRaymond said:
gsleaf said:
I haven't seen a Leaf at my Costco, but I did see an I-Miev.
Listed for sale through the auto buying program?

Back