Leaf lease - good or bad deal - Please advice

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allvaa

I am being offered the below offers. I am from CA. Going by pure math, dealer 3 seems to be good.

Experts and others , can you please adivse me. I am very very new to leasing.

Dealer 1 :

Per month payment : 194 + tax

Term : 24 months

Total down payment, all included : 1900 (this dealer gave me VPP offer)

Dealer 2:

Per month payment : 79 + tax

Total down payment, all included : 4800 (need to negotiate the VPP price)

Dealer 2:

Per month payment : 59 + tax

Total down payment, all included : 4995 (need to negotiate the VPP price)

What model and options (if any) are you looking at? There's several thousand dollars' spread between a Leaf S with no options, and the SL with the Premium Package and every accessory Nissan offers.

You want to keep the down payment as low as possible. Nissan's leases, at least in CA, specify that in case of insurance write-off, you will not get any refund of the Capitalized Cost Reduction (down payment) even if the insurance proceeds exceed the payoff on the car.

Ron,

Sorry, I didnt give enough details.

I am looking at Nissan Leaf S model, which is the basic.

MSRP from Delar 1 is 29820

MSRP from Dealer 2 is $30,045

MSRP from Dealer 3 is 29820

Do each of the leases have the same interest rate (money factor), and is it appropriate for your credit rating? Also be aware that leases less than 36 months do not qualify for the $2500 California EV rebate.

Hi,

Am getting a quote of $189+tax, 0 down, 24 months lease for 'S' trim with quick charger in CA. Is this a good deal or do I have to negotiate further?

-PB

Hi,

Am getting a quote of $189+tax, 0 down, 24 months lease for 'S' trim with quick charger in CA. Is this a good deal or do I have to negotiate further?

-PB

pbleaf said:
Sounds pretty good compared to leases reported here in the forum, IF other costs, fees, etc. are not being added to offset the "zero down". Having a QC port is certainly good, but check to see if any QC locations are within the area where you may be using the LEAF to determine it's value for you. Lastly, if a 36-month lease might be useful for your needs, you will qualify for a $2,500 rebate from the state. The longer period will tweak the residual value and monthly payment, so the dealer will have to run the numbers for you. Just be sure they don't adjust the money factor or anything else but the residual value and period. Good luck!

pbleaf said:
Hi,

-PB

Sounds great. Can you give us the dealer and/or which part of CA you're from?

I have found that sometimes you have to be careful with how the lease is quoted. Some dealers leave out the "Sales Tax, first month's payment, and fees" from the down payment (so in CA, that could easily be 3K + 189 + 595 + 395 + 80 = 4259. Other dealers include some - or all - of the above in their quoted "down payment". Just be careful what is / is not included in the deal. If all of the above are REALLY INCLUDED, then 189/month for 24 months is an outstanding deal (total 24 months cost of 4536). Maybe so outstanding that it is too good to be true...

z0ner said:
pbleaf said:
Hi,

-PB

Sounds great. Can you give us the dealer and/or which part of CA you're from?

folks, need your advice on 2 different lease options

Northern california ( Fremont)

2013 Nissan leaf S + charger package

2900 down
187/month ( including tax)
15K miles a year

2014 Leaf S + charger package

2000 down
225/month ( tax included)
12K miles a year

Which one should I go for? Is there much value in getting the 2104 vs 2013 lease?

allvaa

Your deals aren't bad if your vpp I can beat those deals for you. Im the Internet Manager at Boardwalk Nissan. Give me a call when you have a chance 925-826-8688

Back