Leaf does not start, doors do not lock - 3 beeps

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steevie

I used my 2015 leaf a week ago with no problem. There was probably 40 miles still remaining on the charge. Yesterday, I tried to start the car, and it just clicked. I tried a couple of times, but no luck. I got out of the car, closed the door, and it beeped three times, which I have never heard before. I could not lock the car. However, I could hear it click to open and lock the car from the remote, but it never locked.

Thinking it might be the battery in the remote key, I went to the Nissan dealer and had a new battery replaced into the remote key. I came back, and the car will still not start, and the car still beeps when I close any of the last remaining doors, including the hatchback.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

UPDATE: After reading the forum, I looked at the dashboard while trying to start, and it started flashing with a lot of information. Difficult to read, but I saw something like "T/System Malfunction". After reading the forum, I see it is probably "T M/System Malfunction". I don't have a battery charger or jumper cables to test the 12V battery, so I'll have to have it towed to the dealership.

.... unless there any suggestions...

Definitely the 12v battery. Don't even waste your time testing/charging; you don't have to go to the dealer to have it replaced.
The key fob battery has "battery low" icon in the dash when it is a problem (which isn't often).
Good luck.

Agreed. It seems that when anything "really weird" that happens with the car the cheapest (and usually successful) first move is just to replace the 12V battery. It's an easy process and you should be able to do it yourself.

I replaced mine and all my weird problems instantly went away.

Back