Leaf Control on Google Glass

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo2ltr

My geek cup overfloweth today. I hacked this together. Really, it's pretty ugly. But it works. Well charging does. It interfaces with my leaf portal proxy..

leaf%2520control.jpg

leaf%2520start%2520hvac.jpg

Leaf%2520request%2520sent.jpg

I think that looks awesome. What's been your impression of Glass so far? It's out of my budget at the moment, but I am highly intrigued.

As delivered, I'd say hold on to your wallet.

It's super buggy, plagued with overheating issues, lag, random reboots, horrible battery life and you look like a tool walking around looking like 7 of 9 (star trek reference). Other than that it's awesome! lol.

Reading the glass forums, it seems earlier OS releases were better and the current version is especially buggy. I'm sure it will get better eventually... When it works, it's pretty cool. I can see a lot of applications for it, but they just aren't developed yet. It's not a replacement for a phone or tablet. The unit is primarily a notification device...in other words, you could get pretty much the same functionality by pulling your smartphone out of your pocket. The only benefit is that it's hands free so things like navigation are nice, especially if you are riding a motorcycle or bicycle. That being said, it's MUCH worse than my phone on the dash mounted holder as far as being a driver distraction. The way it sits(which I find more comfortable that I thought it would be), you have to look up to see the screen so it's nice that it's completely out of your normal line of sight, but takes your eyes completely off the road to look at. Super dangerous. You can make it a little better when reading by tilting your head down so it's in your line of view and you look through it at the road. Looking through it is actually fairly distortion free.

When it's ready, I could see this being a $250-300 product. There's nothing that's worth $1500 in it. Consider it a very hefty early adopter tax.

MikeinDenver said:
Poor LEAF stuck outside. :|
I know, I got to get it back in the garage. The Jeep leaks like crazy and I don't want to mess up my driveway. I have my motorcycle apart in the 2nd bay of the garage where I normally park the jeep.

Unfortunately it was part of a massive vandalism spree about a month ago where some kids when through shooting cars with a pellet gun and knocked out windows of some 50 cars in several neighborhoods. They missed my window and put a huge ding in the back hatch.

I got to get the bike back together so I can get the cars back in the garage.. HATE leaving it out, especially now that the heat is coming.

turbo2ltr said:
MikeinDenver said:
Poor LEAF stuck outside. :|
I know, I got to get it back in the garage. The Jeep leaks like crazy and I don't want to mess up my driveway. I have my motorcycle apart in the 2nd bay of the garage where I normally park the jeep.

Unfortunately it was part of a massive vandalism spree about a month ago where some kids when through shooting cars with a pellet gun and knocked out windows of some 50 cars in several neighborhoods. They missed my window and put a huge ding in the back hatch.

I got to get the bike back together so I can get the cars back in the garage.. HATE leaving it out, especially now that the heat is coming.

I know what you mean. Just giving you a hard time. Not to go all off topic but what kind of bike do you have? That sucks about the stupid kids.

Back