Leaf Climate Control on when not requested

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggpa

Last night our 2013 Leaf SV was parked and for some unknown reason the heater turned on when we did not request it.

We often request the remote pre-heat from a cell phone, but not this time.

Has anybody else experienced this :?:

Parked, plugged or unplugged? If unplugged, you've got a potential problem.

Does more than one driver set a CC timer with their phone at times? Are you sure someone didn't set a timer and then forget?

If not, then somehow CarWings is setting a timer for you. Not good. Call customer support and see if they have a record of it, and what their advice is.

temperature management for the battery pack IS NOW STANDARD:

IN 2011 cold weather package was available, standard in some states, optional in others. The package included a temperature management system for the lithium ion battery, heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, rear seat heat duct and heated outside mirrors.[262]

Minor upgrades for the 2012 model year Leaf included a quick charge port that is standard on the SL trim, and also the cold weather package is standard on all Leafs

braineo said:
temperature management for the battery pack IS NOW STANDARD:
Are you saying there is a true battery temperature management system? Or, are you referring to the battery warmer that doesn't kick until -4°F? If the latter, that really isn't a temperature management system at all - just damage control.

ggpa said:
Last night our 2013 Leaf SV was parked and for some unknown reason the heater turned on when we did not request it.
Any chance a Climate Control Timer got set in error?

ebill3 said:
ggpa said:
Any chance a Climate Control Timer got set in error?

I have never used the timer, and in this particular case I did not request anything ...

Our MO is to start the pre-heat a few minutes before driving. Sometimes the heater is not on yet by the time I get to the car, but it is not super cold in the Bay Area anyway.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Parked, plugged or unplugged? If unplugged, you've got a potential problem.

Does more than one driver set a CC timer with their phone at times? Are you sure someone didn't set a timer and then forget?

If not, then somehow CarWings is setting a timer for you. Not good. Call customer support and see if they have a record of it, and what their advice is.

I spoke with CarWings ... they have no record. I'll wait and see if it happens again.

Back