LEAF Advertising Having An Effect?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ERG4ALL

I noticed a couple of TV ads during the Olympics featuring the Nissan LEAF. I was pleasantly surprised that these were not aimed at environmentalists, but the public in general. What caused me to start this topic was that within 24 hours I had three occasions where strangers came up to me and wanted to know more about the LEAF. One even gave me his email address to send him some links. We've had our LEAF for nearly three years and I've never had anything like this happen before. Kudos to Nissan, keep up the good work. Anybody had a similar experience in the recent past?

I think the realization that EVs need to be portrayed as how they fit into one's current lifestyle is more effective than showing how it works for a niche need, desire or situation

Whenever someone asks I make it clear I'm driving electric purely for convenience and other self-serving reasons, not out of any concern for protecting the environment

The cars' been on the roads for three years; I'd like to see some advertising featuring real drivers and real families that have spent years with LEAF and are very happy with it.

And at least in the San Francisco bay area, Nissan has finally started advertising that the Leaf is HOV-lane eligible. They neglected to sell this benefit for almost three years.

Back