Leaf 2012 Parking Brake Question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elske

Hi ;)

We have a 2012 Leaf, that's the one with the actuator for the parking brake under the boot at the back of the car, and not with the ratchet pedal as supplied on 2013+ models.

a few days ago, the parking brake stuck on rigid, I went through all the recommended procedures to release it, including using the supplied tool to try and manually back-off the rear brakes but no joy whatsoever.

Apparently it's a costly repair, which is beyond our means at this specific moment, so working next door to a car workshop (Not Nissan specific) I asked if they could help by releasing the rear brakes so we could at least use the car in the meantime until we can afford to get the job done properly. They obliged, and we are mobile again, but, since then there is a constant warning sound, some kind of alarm which is telling me there is a problem with the parking brake, so the golden question is, does anyone know of a way I can silence it for now? as it's really annoying, It's like being a POW in Vietnam and having a dripping tap on your forehead :lol:

Many thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum. I can't help with the alarm (I imagine others will be able to, though) but I can tell you that the actuator can be taken apart and rebuilt for much less than the cost of a dealership replacement. A couple of folks here have done so, and they should be able to help you with that.

Thank you so much, and it's great to find this virtual home. I'll look forward to some helpful advice. :)

Thanks again.

Back