LaTimes Bashes EVs, again; commenters act insane

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lpickup said:
SkiTundra said:
However, comparisons to ICE are necessary and the comparisons he made are perhaps the best.
No, definitely not the best. Compare the cars to ones that have similar features like built-in NAV, bluetooth, heated seats, cruise control, fog lights, intelligent key system, not the bottom of the line econo-boxes. True, it might be somewhat difficult to find an ideal match because the LEAF is missing some key "luxury" features like electric seats, leather interior, dual zone climate, sunroof. But it is not an electric Versa!
The question is, how much does that stuff cost (whether you want/need it is another matter)? Ignoring the powertrains, to me a Leaf provides essentially the same capabilities as a Versa 1.8SL HB w/Nav package, i.e. pimped out to $18-$20k; the only thing missing from your list above would be leather seats with heaters. Most of the options can be bought aftermarket if you can't get them from the dealer, so comparing the cars head to head is entirely reasonable for someone who isn't primarily interested in the powertrain and related issues.

I saw nothing in the article objectionable or unfactual, and it certainly wasn't a polemic.

Back