lane warning not working on 2022 leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmw

The lane change warning stopped working on our 1 week old leaf. I made sure it is turned on. Any ideas what the problem might be? Worked for the first few days, then became intermittent, and then stopped working all together. I did try to make sure the windshield is clean in front of the front camera.

bmw said:
The lane change warning stopped working on our 1 week old leaf. I made sure it is turned on. Any ideas what the problem might be? Worked for the first few days, then became intermittent, and then stopped working all together. I did try to make sure the windshield is clean in front of the front camera.

Any easy way to test, use the auto lane steering (green steering wheel on dash active) since it has to be able to see both lanes to work and purposely cross over the lane line to see if that activates the lane warning. If it does, try switching off the auto lane steering and give it a moment before trying again to see if the camera is paying attention or not.

Just to confirm, you mean the lane warning in general that signals during normal driving, not the lane warning when using the auto steer?

Thanks for the responses.

I have an S plus. It does not have ProPlus, so there is no auto steer. I didn't realize that there has to be lane markers on both the left and the right. Is that correct? I did know that the warning does not work at low speeds.

bmw said:
Thanks for the responses.

I have an S plus. It does not have ProPlus, so there is no auto steer. I didn't realize that there has to be lane markers on both the left and the right. Is that correct? I did know that the warning does not work at low speeds.

Interesting, didn't know it came that way? So you have the front facing camera right in front of the rear view mirror but all it does is function for the lane departure warning?

If I had to guess, the minimum is probably 20 mph as that is the minimum to activate the cruise and other features that depend on that front facing camera.

Thanks for the responses. The car does have the front facing camera. The lane warning seems to work when the car is going over 35 mph. It also does not go off until you are well into the other lane. Not sure if that is what to expect or if it needs some adjustment. When I go in for the 6 month routine check, I will ask the dealer about this.

With more experience after having the car nearly 6 weeks, it has become apparent that the lane warning only works when the car is going over 35mph. Then it works without problems. I assume that this is the way the system is designed.

I'm not sure if it's the same exact scenario, but my lane departure warning seems to go off only while traveling at speed and with my turn signal on. And I think only when another vehicle is in an adjacent lane and in my blind spot.

BUT - I just remembered - that also I get what I think is a "lane departure" warning when I'm on driving around a curve and I cross over the right hand side lane markings slightly. In those instances, I do NOT have my turn signal on. But I get a warning.

So, I'm probably conflating a few different warnings systems together, but overall I have found the lane departure stuff to work. That all said I'm still new to this car plus new to "modern" cars, and on top of all of I don't drive that much. No daily commute. So I'm slow at learning all the stuff this car does...

Cheers,
--jan

The lane departure warning is the one that shakes the steering wheel. It's especially delightful when Pro Pilot steering assist drives the car over the lane marker line, and then the lane departure sounds, scolding ME. :x

LeftieBiker said:
The lane departure warning is the one that shakes the steering wheel. It's especially delightful when Pro Pilot steering assist drives the car over the lane marker line, and then the lane departure sounds, scolding ME. :x

Yep that shaking the steering wheel is exactly what I get when I cross over the lane marker. Thanks. Yep that's the one. Next I'll have to figure out if my Leaf has Pro Pilot assist... ??? This is part of the adaptive cruise control - right? I haven't used that feature at all.. yet.

Thanks,
--jan

IIRC, the LDW is part of the Pro Pilot Suite. The button for steering assist is on the lower left dash, where the charge port release and Charge Timer Override buttons are. Pro Pilot itself is a big blue button on the right side of the steering wheel, by the cruise control buttons. You can turn steering assist off and on, and it remembers the setting when you turn the car off. My housemate hates the steering assist and all the warning beeps, so she uses Pro Pilot with the steering assist off, for the safety features like blind spot warning and cross traffic alert.

Back