LA Times : Nissan Leaf far outselling Chevrolet Volt

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I haven't used a drop of gas in the 2½ months since I got my LEAF. I started out as a Volt enthusiast, but I can see from my log that there have been nine days in the last month alone that I have traveled more than 35 miles in a day, despite being retired.

Ray

Is it just me or does it seem like GM is starting to distance itself from "electric" sales competition with the LEAF? Probably a smart damage control strategy IMHO. I would also suspect as the sales numbers pile up against the Volt, GM will pivot to "The Volt and LEAF are entirely different cars and should not be compared".

Just watch, it's coming.

http://green.autoblog.com/2011/07/19/report-chevrolet-volt-production-resumes-output-rate-triples/

Report: Chevrolet Volt production resumes, output rate triples

I recently read that Volt is a halo vehicle, a way to get traffic into Chevy stores, much like the Corvette. Once a customer is in front of a salesperson, they are switched into a Chevy Cruz, which costs much less, still gets good mileage and is profitable for GM.

Until Leaf is built in Tennessee, rolled out to all states and Volt is at full production levels and availability, we won't know they're real sales volumes or demand. It's early days.

Back