LA Auto Show green car news

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boomer23 said:
scaled.php

A two-door EV concept based apparently on the Mitsubishi i. I hadn't heard of this one before. No name for the car was posted and no information.

iMiev Sport Air

Decided to highlight here as this was from the LA show and others may not have seen it (especially from other areas than LA) also, the Audi rep simply stated " ... available in the not too distant future ..." rather than add a new thread. Video highlights the Audi eTron series Spyder and A3. The Spyder is a plug-in/ICE that can go 30 miles before TDI diesel kicks in and the A3 eTron is pure electric that has a range of 90 miles; key to the A3 is that it doesn't loose any storage space to the batteries unlike the Focus EV. They didn't show interior shots and the A3 (other than badging) didn't look really any different than the ICE A3:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20111209/VIDEONEWS/111209870

redLEAF said:
Decided to highlight here as this was from the LA show and others may not have seen it

Thanks for adding the Audi story. I did see and photograph the E-Tron Spyder but I felt that it was too unrealistic a concept and, being a PHEV, less interesting to me. I missed even noticing the A3 EV, to the point that I even wonder if it was on the floor when I was there. I really like the current A3's interior and handling, so I'm going to be following this one to see if they actually do bring it here. I'm guessing that Audi is probably going to follow BMW's pattern of going slow with proof-of-concept limited release lease-only programs for a few years, before they actually sell an EV here.

Boomer23 said:
redLEAF said:
Decided to highlight here as this was from the LA show and others may not have seen it

Thanks for adding the Audi story. I did see and photograph the E-Tron Spyder but I felt that it was too unrealistic a concept and, being a PHEV, less interesting to me. I missed even noticing the A3 EV, to the point that I even wonder if it was on the floor when I was there. I really like the current A3's interior and handling, so I'm going to be following this one to see if they actually do bring it here. I'mm guessing that Audi is probably going to follow BMW's pattern of going slow with proof-of-concept limited release lease-only programs for a few years, before they actually sell an EV here.

+1 as have always liked the A3, was actually considering one when it first arrived in '06 along with the Mazda3 Grand Touring 5-door hatch that I ended up buying instead. The A3 was actually a bit smaller inside and a lot more money with similar options unheard of in a small Japanese-made compact (mine has xenon-headlights, heated leather seats, auto-headlights and wipers as well as a pop-up Navi system) and it being the first year in the states at the time I passed. It's still a great hatch / mini-wagon and even better now with the TDI (wasn't offered in '06) so will it be even better as a full EV ... will wait for the road tests and eventual pricing.

Boomer23 said:
redLEAF said:

I missed even noticing the A3 EV, to the point that I even wonder if it was on the floor when I was there.

P.S., I looked back at my photos of the Audi display and yes, the A3 was there, right next to the Spyder, but I just ignored it. Flash and style win out again, obviously. :lol:

Back