June-30 Nissan Mail

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEAFer

<name>, thank you again for your continued commitment to driving a Nissan LEAF™. you have reserved your place in history and will be one of the first in your area to own one.

we are still finalizing some details of the order process, and we will be in touch later this summer with additional information on your order timing. rest assured, this will not impact your reservation status. we will continue to keep you updated with all developments as they occur.

if you have any questions, just call 877-NO-GAS-EV, join the LEAF live chat or e-mail us.

Oh well ... at least they did as promised ...

leafemail.png

EVDRIVER said:
I just got my email inviting me to be selected for a SE model with a 12kw charger, two tone interior seats and the best part is it will be delivered in early Dec! Part of an early release special for the first 100 reservation holders! I only have to pay and extra $750!!!

You are SO bad! :lol:

"Stephen, thank you again for your continued commitment to driving a Nissan LEAF™. you have reserved your place in history and will be one of the first in your area to own one.

we are still finalizing some details of the order process, and we will be in touch later this summer with additional information on your order timing. rest assured, this will not impact your reservation status. we will continue to keep you updated with all developments as they occur."

From my e-mail...just about the biggest non-update "update" I have ever received!
:?

P.S. Since the Autumnal Equinox is not until September 23rd, they have quite a runway with that non-date "deadline"!

Same here:
thank you again for your continued commitment to driving a Nissan LEAF™. you have reserved your place in history and will be one of the first in your area to own one.

we are still finalizing some details of the order process, and we will be in touch later this summer with additional information on your order timing. rest assured, this will not impact your reservation status. we will continue to keep you updated with all developments as they occur.

Same as everyone else.

Oh well, we'll see what the electrician says on the 19th. I can't wait to argue about whether coax in air in an unheated crawl space is "code." I personally think this "hard wired" charger would look way cool with a dryer whip bolted to it and shoved into a portable case. I've always wanted a welder in the garage anyway.

No word to me on exactly who this electrician will be. I expect a reschedule.

Well that was a big disappointment. It might have been better for them to not send an email, at least then they could claim the email was lost in transit. If you've got nothing to say, why bother...

Where are the "further instructions", "more details on your spot", and "how to begin preparing your home for your new car" that they promised???

Then again, maybe they're up to something and we'll see some big changes that they can't reveal quite yet...

It's not clear to me why some of you have assessment appointments but no electrician assigned. I knew who would do mine, in an email from Nissan, 4 hours after booking my appointment. Then the electrical company reconfirmed the appointment just 4 hours after that. Unless there is no electrical company contracted in your area yet? That's the only thing I can think of.

#!~>*#/ !!! Ooops! Nissan has not fulfilled their commitment to tell us something definite by June 30. This does not look good. Sloppy. Here is now the order of the process they want us to follow:

1. reserve a position to order a LEAF and pay $99 to do that. Done April 20
2. Schedule home inspection for installation of charger (Has happened for some - not for me.)
3. Home inspection for charger, cost given to owner, installation scheduled.
4. Install charger at cost of $2200. Pay for charger.
5. Order a LEAF
6. Test drive a LEAF
7. Wait for delivery - no dates given

This is beginning to sound a bit crazy. I think the next step should be: Test drive a LEAF. Then place order for both the LEAF and charger. I'm not liking this much.

Back