JeremyW leases a leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeremyW

Welp, I pulled the trigger. :?

2012 SL, White, 27 miles on the dash.

$507 a month for 39 months, no down. Using the state rebate to pay off the last of my credit cards and get the EVSE upgrade during my move up north.

Jeremy

Congrats Jeremy on your new wheels. Now you can drive the LEAF to the SF BayLEAFs gatherings starting this July 14 in Cupertino.

Hope to see you again at a LEAF meeting.

Congrats, Jeremy.

Wow, you and the folks at the dealership are quick! Seems like we just parted company at the breakfast meetup and suddenly you are driving a LEAF!

garygid said:
Did you trade in your other car so that you had only one to drive home?

Oh no, I had my mother help, she drove me back to the dealer and I picked up the old car. It's her car, so I couldn't trade it in. I'm going to help her sell it before I leave. She let me know she was NOT happy about my choice. :roll:

The reality was though, if I bought Tony's car, the monthly payment would have been about the same, for a longer duration, after which I would own a car with a pretty weak battery.

Current plan is to lease, and see how good I can treat the battery this summer. I'm planning on keeping the SOC around 50% all summer, except for a once a month to 100% for the bay area meetups. If, in a year, I'm down 5% or less, I'll do a lease buyout and keep the car.

I'm also soon starting a blog, inspired by Phil. :)

Jeremy

Thanks gary!

I looked through some of the receiving paperwork and it looks like this car was shipped in March. :evil: So she was sitting on the dealer lot for a bit, hopefully not at 100%. :evil:

Will take a gid count soon. I did get 99 miles off the first charge. Since then I haven't gotten anywhere near low battery warning!

Jeremy

Congratulations Jeremy about becoming a Leaf (lease) owner and Mega congrats about getting your new job! I'm not surprised that you were picked.

Also, I was thinking that you should get the most researched Leaf purchase award! Not only have you followed the forum and talked to many Leaf owners but you understand the engineering details about the CHADEMO charging system as well as the power grid.

I seem to remember that you live in the LA basin and your new job is in the bay area, is that correct? I'm curious as to how you will be getting your Leaf up there given the lack of DC QCs along the way.

Hope to see you at the next Poway meeting!

Gary

There was rampant speculation at last week's SoCal Branch Leaf Gathering, that JeremyW was in India operating their electric grid at the end of July.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

91040 said:
There was rampant speculation at last week's SoCal Branch Leaf Gathering, that JeremyW was in India operating their electric grid at the end of July.

LOL, well if so, he made it back in time for Sunday's SF BayLEAFs meeting in San Francisco. He was in pretty good shape, too.

91040 said:

Nope, wasn't there. In fact, I've been to a few in service sub stations, and I haven't pressed any buttons. Also, haven't worn a red shirt while near any equipment or in any control rooms which is bad luck. ;)

IBELEAF said:
Isn't that lease payment almost covers the purchase price?

I'm not sure, but I put down $0 so the $7,500 went to not only the down payment, but also dmv fees and the first month's payment. I got it for MSRP. :| The $507 includes the tax for the month too.

Jeremy

gmuzhik said:
Hey Jeremy,
Are you coming to the Leaf meeting in Poway, this Saturday?

Gary
If he is going, he'll have to leave this morning. I wouldn't envy him having to stop and charge in King City, where the temperature will likely be over 100 degrees. Maybe you guys can do another one around mid-October to early November timeframe ;-) :lol: :lol:

Back