Japanese blog with modded Leafs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drivesolo said:
I believe RedLeader took a 17"x9" (not sure what offset and tire size but it came from an S14) wheel and test fitted it on the front & rear and determined that is is doable w/ the stock suspension. Seems like the Leaf follows the typical Nissan trend of having lots of extra room in those wheel wells.

17x9 MB Motoring Weapon (or Competition, can't recall), ET +27mm. It had a stretched 225/45-17 tire on it. It look like did not fit, I could see that it would probably rub against the fender and/or wheel liner at full lock under at or near the bumpstops. I only had one borrowed wheel so I did not test drive it. However, w/ the correct offset it would have. There was still plenty of room on between the wheel and the strut which lead me to believe that a 9" wide wheel should fit w/ the proper offset.

I opted to buy a set of 17x7 wheels ET + 42mm and put some 225/45-17 tires on it but have yet to try them out.

nader said:
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/314592/car/665956/photo.aspx

I would love to figure out how to get the "shadow chrome" look on the Nissan logos and headlights/taillights as can be seen on this car. I think my little Cayenne Red is just begging for such a darkness treatment..

TomT said:
Can't be good for drag coefficient though...

IBELEAF said:
I would much rather have this front bumper
p1.jpg

I like it... :cool:

TLeaf said:
nader said:
http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/314592/car/665956/photo.aspx

I would love to figure out how to get the "shadow chrome" look on the Nissan logos and headlights/taillights as can be seen on this car. I think my little Cayenne Red is just begging for such a darkness treatment..
take it to a tint shop they'll do it for you.

IBELEAF said:
I would much rather have this front bumper

p1.jpg

Actually, I am staring at those wheels. Both these LEAFs are running Rays Aecros 17x7 which only weigh about 15lbs each... but also cost $850 apiece! They are part of Rays Eco Drive line and have a very trick aero lip designed in a wind tunnel. Ecopia LRR tires are available in this size for a very efficient, if expensive, setup.

ado850 said:

I'm digging both the smoke tint on the headlights as well as the vinyl overlay on the "gums" and the lower lip.

The tint for the headlights or tail lights is typically much thicker than your average window tint as it needs to protect against the elements. A site like http://www.headlightarmor.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; sells tint for head lights, tail lights and fog lights. However, currently they only sell LEAF fog light tint. I have purchased from them before for tail light tint and their stuff is quality. Very thick and very durable . If they sold a light smoke kit for the LEAF front head lights, I may be tempted. The amount that a light tint would reduce the head lights by is so minor that you would be hard pressed to notice, but it would give all that chrome a nice dark tone.

CWO4Mann said:
This translation from the Japanese web site makes me a bit nervous:

" ... mounted airbag unit will be out as soon as you remove the Torx screws to stop anti-****. ..."

ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: ....that's awesome!!!!!

I do like the look with the blacked out mods and larger rims.....one of the pics on that site has some Recaro Speed seats, I have a brand new pair of those in storage. If i didn't have to use the seat-heaters, I would drop them in.

Has anyone found a source for these front splitter pieces below?......those and the lower rockers painted black look decent to me.

p2.jpg

Back