It's time for another WSJ article I would classify as Politics

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouldergramp

https://www.wsj.com/articles/what-a-long-strange-and-unsatisfying-ev-trip-its-been-68c6e28c?st=9auw622ajof0dv8&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

It was funny to read the comments. I always roll my eyes when I read an article like this were it makes it clear in the first few paragraphs that the entire trip was setup to fail. :lol:

So the person rents an EV, drives for 2 hours towards a 154 mile destination at what speed? She would be nearly there in 2 hours with 50% battery power left unless she was driving at 100 mph? Too many important variables left out. :lol:

Then the same article kind of points out that no one was really doing any research about the EV to be used or where to charge, etc. It's no different than me renting a RAM 1500 TRX (12 mpg) and driving out into the middle of no where and running out of gas and then blaming the "gas infrastructure in this country is not ready for gas vehicles" :lol: :lol:

Might find this interesting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/19/climate/ev-range-anxiety-a-case-study.html?unlocked_article_code=1.4Ew.ZTOu.2PSSxc5NEIav&smid=url-share

BTW: I've rented from Hertz, and the range of EV knowledge in the two locations I rented from was at least OK in Colorado to clueless in Boston.

The WSJ has been known for a very long time that "It turns right at every stop". Since its been in operation since like 1889, I'm sure that it ran articles on the "Deep State forcing us into using one of those "new fangled" rotary phones instead of the wood box hand-cranked ones, and similarly from Rotary Phones to "Pushbuttons".

My local public library provides free access to the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal.

This comment is from The Harold and Wilma Good Library, Goshen College:
"The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal are national newspapers providing extensive, daily coverage to current events. Newspapers provide current information which books and academic articles simply cannot, while providing a level of quality through a robust editorial process. The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal and other major newspapers are news organizations that seek objectivity and are backed by large competent staffs.
The one important piece to note with newspapers are editorial or opinion sections. These are marked off intentionally on newspaper sites, and are openly biased. Opinion writers for the New York Times tend to lean politically left or progressive, while opinion writers for the Wall Street Journal lean politically right or conservative."

Back