Is this a good deal ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kris

Hi experts :

Today I got a quote for SL with QC option for $265 pm for 24 months lease with zero down zero drive off for 12K miles per year, Residual of 63%

MY payments will be for 23 months which comes to be 265*23 = $6095.

Is this a good deal ? I was almost about to sign, but they sold the colour I liked , hence I have to back-out.

let me know

newownermnl
kris said:
Ah, thank you. If you were anywhere close to the Bay Area, please get a competitive quote from Boardwalk Nissan and Northbay Nissan. Both have a history of extending attractive deals to the early adopter community. Other than that, this sounds very good for a 2013 SL.

You will be missing out on the $2500 California clean vehicle rebate, because only 3-year leases qualify. That said, it wouldn't be the first time that a two-year lease was more attractive, even when the lost rebate is factored in. The vehicle will depreciate less in 24 months, and the $7500 federal tax credit Nissan gets, has a greater impact on monthly payments in a shorter lease term.

Speaking of which. Please be sure to ask about the cost out-the-door. California sales tax will likely be due on all rebates and tax breaks, depending on how they have been worked into the deal. choosenissan.com is generally a good place to start when shopping for a LEAF. The only promo lease seems to be the $199/month & $1999 down deal for the S trim with no options.

If you think that you might become a regular on the forum, it would be very helpful to list your approximate location in the user profile. It matters in more ways than one.

kris said:
Today I got a quote for SL with QC option

Make sure it's an SL and not an SV (or even S) that you are getting. The SL already has QC as standard equipment; if it is listed as an option it's not an SL. Besides dealer-installed accessories, the only option package for the 2013 SL is the $1050 "Premium Package" which includes Around View Monitor and Bose Stereo system.

Thanks
You are right its the SV with QC package , I got confused .
Is this a good deal for SV ?

kris said:
Thanks
You are right its the SV with QC package , I got confused .
Is this a good deal for SV ?

I just got a SV with QC, 15k mileage for 213 a month 24 month lease with 1500 trade in and no money down and dealership made first payment, located in St. Louis, Missouri.

Team
I own a 2011 Leaf eTech, but my wife has taken ownership and I do not get a chance to drive it, so I am working with a dealer to lease a Leaf.
Is this a good deal for a 24 months 12kmiles a year.
2013 S model with quick charger, MSRP…31,120 – 10% 3,112 = 28,008. With 1995 down (out the door) 12k miles per year and a 24 month lease, my payment fees is: 93.00 a month. With nothing down your payment is: 184.00.

is this a good deal?

2013 nissan leaf SL with premium package
premium package includes around view monitor and bose audio system

Additional accessories: zero emission graphic and splash guards.

12000 miles/yr
drive off: $3450 (includes first month payment)
monthly: $200

Included in the drive off of $3450
Registration fees: 335
tax on capitalized reduction: 817
doc fee: 80

Per Ron the total I paid is 3450 + 200*23 + 395 = $8445.

pdad said:
is this a good deal?

12000 miles/yr

From the thread you started for this question:

RonDawg said:
I think you should negotiate more. I got a 2012 SV for nearly the identical terms, except my lease is for 36 months, not 24.

I presume you asked about a 36 month lease, and you figured the longer lease's $2500 CA rebate in your decision to go with the shorter term? My 36 month lease out of pocket is only $8500 after the rebate is factored in, albeit on last year's model with not nearly as much goodies.

At a cost of just over 35 cents/mile, it's on the rather expensive side.

pdad said:
is this a good deal?

12000 miles/yr

I got a 2012 SL with premium package, splash guards, door trim and tail guard
15k miles 24month lease 4k out the door $97 month

If one doesn't bump up against the 12k/15k lease mileage limits, TLC/LT is a measure I'd offer to assess whether a deal is a good one (TLC=Total Lease Cost. LT = Lease Term e.g. 24/36 months). Basically what is your monthly "rent" for the Leaf going to be?

What is the MSRP - what is the price they are offering ? Make sure the MF is what it should be (see the Lease sticky thread).

Lease deal can be offered in so many ways, it becomes difficult to compare. But we can easily compare the price & MF - that determine the lease payments.

What is the MSRP - what is the price they are offering ? Make sure the MF is what it should be (see the Lease sticky thread).

Lease deal can be offered in so many ways, it becomes difficult to compare. But we can easily compare the price & MF - that determine the lease payments.

=======================
MSRP: 37055
Invoice: 33962 (gotthe VPP discount)
But the dealer then added acquisition fee of 595 making the total gross capitalized cost = 34557
is the acquisition fee typically included in the invoice ?

Back