Is there a simplified voice navigation mode for bluetooth?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinaCA

I posted this in tips and tricks but then realized this section is more relevant...

One thing I find annoying about the Leaf S is the bluetooth voice command navigation. It repeats everything back to you and reads out the phone # digits rather than recognize "cell", "home" etc. Is there any way to switch to a simplified command flow so for example I could just say "call John Smith" and it will do it, rather than confirm that I want to call, then confirm I want John Smith, then read me the entire phone number (as if I have that memorized)?

I just hit the 'call' button again (while it's speaking' and it shuts up and waits for my response.....

I have an entry in my phone for home called 'home home' (since one of my other bluetooth headsets won't call entries with only 1 word in them), so I just:
hit 'call' button.
once it starts talking, hit 'call' button again
(it beeps)
I say "CALL home home" and wait
it starts talking again, asking what I want to do with it.
hit 'CALL' button again
(it beeps)
I say "DIAL"
(it dials....)

But if you have multiple entries for a person (say work, cell, home) how do you do that? It doesn't seem to recognize "John Smith, Home" for example it just reads out the number and it's the wrong one. The voice control is really inferior to the system in my Ford :(

Agreed. There must be a way to say "call wife mobile". Now, when I say call "wife" (I actually say her name), the system goes to the number listed for her for our home, not her mobile. So, it must be true that I simply have to say "call wife mobile". Makes sense. Except, it doesn't work - not at all - no way.

I hope I am wrong. I have had to default to speaking the mobile phone number, and then of course having to listen to the system repeat the number.

I go to the manual - it says to go online NissanUSA/Bluetooth. I figure there must be a treasure trove of data there. Not. At. All.

Guidance please from those that have trod this path before.

Back