Is Leafspy better than a scan tool?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have listed the extremes when it comes to cost, with the Autel mentioned by the OP as to what he has, it really is the only other one relevant to this topic (other than Leaf spy, which he also mentioned). If you want to start a thread comparing scanners, have at it, this is not the place.

I have listed the extremes when it comes to cost, with the Autel mentioned by the OP as to what he has, it really is the only other one relevant to this topic (other than Leaf spy, which he also mentioned). If you want to start a thread comparing scanners, have at it, this is not the place.
Since LeafSpy was released, few if any Forum members have complained of its inadequacies until now. Yes, it's not at the level of the
Nissan Consult, but for the value there's no comparison. I and many Forum members really couldn't care less!

Nissan Consult, but for the value there's no comparison. I and many Forum members really couldn't care less!
Fine, but the O/P question was a valid one and it deserved a full answer. That answer, when you look at what Autel lists as functions on the 906, is the Autel will do more. Whether it is easier to read and understand is a different question.
I have no beef with Leafspy other than it is restricted to a few OS. Bang for the buck, I haven't seen anything else in that price range. That said, it doesn't as far as I know, do some of the function more advanced scanners can. If you are in the business of repairing cars, including EV's a scanner/diagnostic tool that can do more, has its advantages. Again, the O/P was not asking if he should get a Autel or Leafspy, but if he would get more abilities adding Leafspy, and from looking at what the documentation shows, the answer is no.

Last edited:
Fine, but the O/P question was a valid one and it deserved a full answer. That answer, when you look at what Autel lists as functions on the 906, is the Autel will do more. Whether it is easier to read and understand is a different question.
I have no beef with Leafspy other than it is restricted to a few OS. Bang for the buck, I haven't seen anything else in that price range. That said, it doesn't as far as I know, do some of the function more advanced scanners can. If you are in the business of repairing cars, including EV's a scanner/diagnostic tool that can do more, has its advantages. Again, the O/P was not asking if he should get a Autel or Leafspy, but if he would get more abilities adding Leafspy, and from looking at what the documentation shows, the answer is no.
The acid text is when someone reports on the Forum how extensive and useful the Autel 906 features are when connected to a Leaf.

Back