is it possible to make a 6.6kw converter/dongle for the QC?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
To become a LEAF-CAN "detective" you do not need a LEAF, just time, an inquiring mind, and a Windoze PC.

1. Download my CAN-Do program, a Log file, and the latest "Recipe" file to a folder
2. Run CAN-Do and see if it works, or needs another VB6 run-time file.
3. Get familiar with using the Log-viewing, analysis, and graphing parts of the program.
4. We will provide other Log files for you to "investigate" as they become available.

Ask specific questions here, or in the "CAN-Do ..." thread.

This I CAN do! (get it? Bad pun alert :lol: ) I will look on the CAN-Do thread for download link.

There is a smart way to do this. Virtually all the stuff you need to build a high power charger is already in the car. It's called the inverter. AC Propulsion uses the inverter as a 19kW charge in their products.

http://www.acpropulsion.com/products-reductive.html

It would be easier to do right than do over.

I would have logged this already, but the main missing ingredient is a working publicly-accessible CHAdeMO charger.

FYI, an easy way to tap the CHAdeMO CAN bus is in the charger. Both EV bus and CHAdeMO bus are right there easy to get at.

pic

-Phil

Back