Incidents Caught on Your Dash Cam

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectriCute

Many of us use dash cams, and many is the occasion when they come through for us.

It will be interesting reading your experiences, whether proof of who's at fault in an accident, someone trying to involve you in an insurance fraud scheme, or perhaps a road rage incident that is so prevalent today. Provide any experience at all, good or bad.

I have a dash cam in my Leaf, but only for insurance reasons. It does catch a lot of bad driving, other cars running intersections with red lights and the occasional drag race with another vehicle. :lol:

I work in the world of commercial tour bus and public transit. it's an invaluable tool for traffic accidents, slip/trip/fall claims, and in some cases assault and other criminal investigations.

With the commercial tour buses, it saved my part-time employer a major claim involving a 3-bus convoy traveling out of state where 2 cars were racing & passing on both sides of the convoy. The 2 cars changed lanes and collided in front of the convoy. One of the cars hit the lead bus and came to a stop in the luggage bays of the middle bus causing disabling damage (fortunately nobody in the buses were injured). At the scene, the operator of the lead bus was cited (mostly for driving a commercial vehicle and showing up for work that day). It was all caught on video when the lead bus operator tapped the brakes hard as the collision was occurring. It took some legal arguing but that video prompted the police to reverse the citations, and was then able to recover damages and downtime to the buses involved, along with other related expenses for keeping the group moving.

LeftieBiker said:
and the occasional drag race with another vehicle.

Do you save the footage when you win?

Oddly enough I have yet to lose one. Many sport car looking vehicles that have the fart cans attached to the exhaust are not as fast as they sound. :lol:

Thrush mufflers back in the 60's, fart mufflers now (or what ever the latest trend is...), something to do with teenagers and Testosterone :roll: The old adage "children should be seen but not heard". And considering most I've seen, neither seen nor heard...

fester said:
Thrush mufflers back in the 60's, fart mufflers now (or what ever the latest trend is...), something to do with teenagers and Testosterone :roll: The old adage "children should be seen but not heard". And considering most I've seen, neither seen nor heard...
When the mighty Leaf out-runs your car, you know it's an ego hit to them. :lol:
I'll start collecting my race videos, it's always easy to tell when the guy next to you just won't stop revving his engine at the stop-light, that means it's go time. :shock: :lol:
It is funny to hear them hit the rev-limiter and then after the shift from 1st to 2nd gear, they start going backwards because that was all the acceleration they could get from the engine. It's interesting that the ones you know would win the race (Tesla, a *real* sports-car) don't seem to have the need to prove anything at the stop-light. I did do a follow behind a Tesla one time as it was racing against another teenage modification and we both passed them, that was funny. To be fair, the loser guy in the car did give us both the 1 finger salute before running the red light to take off. :roll:

Back