I'm not "OK" for 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coffee_Slurry

My New Years Resolution is to never "OK" Carwings any more.
I'm done.
From here out, it's either Decline, or my favorite: "MAP" to bypass the mess.
It's a hard habit to break, but there will be fewer smears on the touchscreen to clean.

If everyone did the same, the entire Carwings data set would evaporate and Nissan would lose count of the "trees grown" or whatever. Seems to matter enough to them to interrupt my every drive with a paragraph of legal banter.

I have to believe that Nissan has it in their power to lock the lawyers and marketing/data-mining folks in a room and come up with a creative way to avoid the "OK" prompt on every start. The engineers brought them RF keyless entry, keyless ignition. One-button startup.. it says "Start". Now finish the job and let the center console use my RF key as well.

Someone needs to either assume a bit of "risk" here, and give an Always OK option, or give drivers the option to set "NOT OK, Don't Ask Again." I'll take either one. There only reason the second (Never) option isn't there is because Nissan isn't hearing enough complaints.

Vote with your middle finger, and refuse to be OK.

Cheers and Happy New Year y'all!

It's one thing if you have something against Carwings and want to click no. But if your argument is simply because you don't want to have to click a button each time at start up at all because it's annoying, then don't click any button at all. But if you're gonna click a button anyway, might as well click the yes button instead of the no button if you ask me.

We know Nissan wants the data. If everyone protested by clicking 'No' I'm sure somehow their lawyers would magically change their mind. To be really effective, it has to be a mass protest...

hmmm??? i ignore it. it goes away on its own. only time i accept is when i am resetting mileage/power info. but will be "experimenting" with that this month due to discrepancy i will illustrate in another post

I reckon the legal difficulty in "always yes" lies with the possibility that the owner will not always be the driver. Though that wouldn't seem to preclude an "always no" selection.

I have started to post this many times.
It is a pain.

the answer may be to post it and if you do not click no within 10 seconds the default is yes
and it goes away automatically.

I wonder what will happen when free Carwings goes away?

Nubo said:
I reckon the legal difficulty in "always yes" lies with the possibility that the owner will not always be the driver. Though that wouldn't seem to preclude an "always no" selection.
Solution would be to get a signature from the owner agreeing to pass on the info to anyone who might drive the car.

It's probably pointless to debate this here because we are not the lawyers...but...unlike the nag screens on my portable GPS units that have language that basically is addressed to the driver (i.e. don't operate this while driving, etc.), the Carwings nag screen really should be addressed to the vehicle owner since it is basically asking for permission to transmit vehicle usage data to the Carwings server. Therefore in my opinion, it should be perfectly sufficient for the OWNER of the vehicle to acknowledge it once and be done with it. However, as I said, I'm not the lawyer or software developer or anything like that, so I don't really get a vote.

The Heater (lack of) Control is 1st for me, but I rarely use the Heater.

2nd is the outdated Nav maps.

3rd is the fixed 77-degree Pre-Heat/Cool Temperature Setting.

The Accept/not touch is so FAR down, it is not even on my list.

evnow said:
Nubo said:
Solution would be to get a signature from the owner agreeing to pass on the info to anyone who might drive the car.
I think there was discussion about this at the BayLeaf meeting w/the Kadota-san, Mark Perry and company, after the meeting was adjourned or during the break. Someone else who was present might be able to chime in on what was said by the Nissan folks.

Bugs me as well so I started clicking no a while back and now I am unable to update charging stations. Every time I try to update stations, It says the information center is busy, unable to connect, try again later. Three months later... The information center is still busy.

garygid said:
The Heater (lack of) Control is 1st for me, but I rarely use the Heater.

2nd is the outdated Nav maps. . . . . . . . . . . . . snip
I'm sorry, did you all say something? I can't HEAR you all, for the R.F. NOISE eminating into my home's electronics - cause by the Leaf CHARGER!

EVDrive said:
Bugs me as well so I started clicking no a while back and now I am unable to update charging stations. Every time I try to update stations, It says the information center is busy, unable to connect, try again later. Three months later... The information center is still busy.

Sounds like you could have a stuck TCU - does the Nav display show a car with a triangle pointing down? If so , a fuse reset may fix that or have the dealer apply the firmware fix/update.

Perhaps we need a programmer to simply bypass the OK in the cars software for us?

Or like the windows hack where you could click through a BS screen without agreeing.

Back