ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SeattleBlueLeaf said:
evnow said:
SeattleBlueLeaf said:
I roll mine down, and the guy starts chatting about how much he loves the car and the mileage is great, blah blah blah.. had no clue I was in a LEAF. oh well.
Did you tell him you get infinite mpg ?

No. I'm trying to be positive about any car that gets us more off oil. I can't believe he had no clue though and he clearly had no clue. Oh well.

He probably couldn't hear that the Leaf was not making any engine noise over the drone of his engine running while charging his batteries. Just laugh and move along.

Haha. A friend spotted a Cayenne Red LEAF parked at the Adobe building in Fremont, and promptly sent me a picture. Dunno whose it is, but it's still new enough to have dealer plates and looks to have been picked up from Stadium Nissan. Congrats to whoever that was! :)

Hey guys. Thought I'd share an update. Got notified yesterday that I can set up carwings, and I have a VIN. Looks like, after over a year of waiting, I'm scheduled for "week of July 1". So, it looks like there will soon be another Leaf in Covington.

I haven't heard a peep from Ecotality since January. Should I be concerned? I sent them a note to find out what's going on, but I'd like to get whatever inspections and such are necessary for the install of the charger.

Steve said:
Hey guys. Thought I'd share an update. Got notified yesterday that I can set up carwings, and I have a VIN. Looks like, after over a year of waiting, I'm scheduled for "week of July 1". So, it looks like there will soon be another Leaf in Covington.

I haven't heard a peep from Ecotality since January. Should I be concerned? I sent them a note to find out what's going on, but I'd like to get whatever inspections and such are necessary for the install of the charger.

Don't be too worried, as long as you qualified, they will come out and install when it gets close to your delivery date. I'd contact them once you are about a month out if you dont hear from them, as they do need a tap on the shoulder when your delivery date gets close (I dont even think they can see that information)

Btw, sorry to hear about your order being drawn so far out! If it makes you feel any better, a friend of mine reserved mid summer, ordered in january, and got his car over a month ago.

blackleaf said:
I pick up my black leaf from Younker Nissan tomorrow........REALLY excited. So, if you see another black leaf around south PS, it might be me...HONK!!
That's awesome! Congrats and enjoy!!!

Steve said:
So, it looks like there will soon be another Leaf in Covington.
I'm right up Kent-Kangley Rd. from you, just past Lake Meridian. Look for my black Leaf zippin around!

any regional stats available on the distribution of current Leaf Owners? i am sure there are Leaf Owners that are not active here or FB, wondering how many others are running around the Thurston County area. 3 that are active on forums, 2 i know of that are not. any more?

what area is the Leaf Leader on a per capita basis?

Aloha Dave, I am in Yelm and should be picking up a black SL this week from Oly Nissan. They were invoiced late Thursday.

Rake said:
blackleaf said:
I pick up my black leaf from Younker Nissan tomorrow........REALLY excited. So, if you see another black leaf around south PS, it might be me...HONK!!
That's awesome! Congrats and enjoy!!!

Steve said:
So, it looks like there will soon be another Leaf in Covington.
I'm right up Kent-Kangley Rd. from you, just past Lake Meridian. Look for my black Leaf zippin around!

If you know these folks and wave and there is no reply - could be me. My Leaf is black as well - but kinda dirty at the moment.

Look around for my red leaf in the south end :)

I went out past orting today to show off the car, got some interesting looks and questions.

So, on May 29th I get an email from Nissan telling me my delivery status has been updated and to check my account. Well, absolutely nothing has changed on my account: It still says July 2011 (after being bumped from May).

Anyone else get this message? Do you think that it will change tomorrow (Tuesday) after the holiday weekend is over? Very frustrating to get the message and then see no change.

I got an email saying my Leaf was coming soon: "Steven, the excitement of driving a part of automotive history is almost here! Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer soon."

I got my Leaf three weeks ago, so much for accurate communication!

My oh My! I got the email on 29 MAY saying my status had changed. As of this morning (6/2) nothing at all had changed on my account. So, this afternoon I stopped in at Campbell Nelson and asked Dino what was going on. He said, yeah, your status HAS changed and brought out a printout he had just printed a few hours earlier. Lo and behold, I have a VIN # 5032, I have a "Week of July 11" estimated delivery time, and the shipping status said "SIT" which Dino said meant it was In Transit!

It's shipping destination said 44. Is that the code for Long Beach? Also said it was manufactured 5/20/2011. I'm stoked.

Nazanne said:
I'm in Kitsap County. Just picked up our Leaf last night. Everything is great, but can't get Carwings to connect.
Try re-entering the password. If it fails check with the dealer. There have been some reports of faulty telematics module.

Back