ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks:

Has anyone heard about charging locations near Cle Elum? Since I'm in eastern WA, If I ever plan to travel to Seattle, I need to charge before climbing Snoqualmie Pass. There have been reports of chargers planned in tourist Levenworth/Wenatchee (unfortunately very far out of my way). I also heard about plans for a DC charger in North Bend (perfect for traveling East). However, to travel West over I-90, there would need to be chargers about 60 - 80 miles from North Bend (e.g., Cle Elum or Indian John Rest Area). I think Ellensburg would be too far (86 miles), given the altitude.

Any help here would be appreciated. Perhaps we need to start sending emails to businesses and city officials in Cle Elum. Does anyone know people in Cle Elum?

I know that WA state has passed a law stating that all rest areas will have charging station (pending funding), but I doubt that will happen before 2015. I wouldn't mind charging at Indian John, but I would much rather support the local businesses in Cle Elum.

Reddy..... and waiting for my new Nissan Leaf in "pending"

+1

blorg said:
SeattleBlueLeaf said:
Just a reminder - Next get together for all interested

4/30/11 @ 1:00 PM
Redmond City Hall

2 chargers there and plenty more in the Bellevue/Redmond area if you need one to get to/from.

Looks like we will have a good crowd based on the Facebook event page. Could you send me a RSVP via PM if you plan on coming so I can keep track of total LEAF's and participants.

Thanks

Just a reminder that this is still happening (I think) next weekend. I'll be there with my Leaf (ok, fine, my WIFE's Leaf, as she keeps reminding me) and since I'll have plenty of range I'm more than happy to take people for a spin that don't have theirs yet.

SteveInSeattle said:
Anyone insure with PEMCO? I'm on the phone with them, they don't have the VIN or the Leaf in their database. If you have gone through this with them, please e-mail me [email protected]

have them give you general insurance until they realize they are simply clueless. my insurance company did the exact same thing. they said "dont worry, you are covered" just call us when you get the CORRECT VIN.... this was while reading it from my purchase contract at the dealer!!

I heard Steven's Pass Ski area was going to be putting in charging stations, but I haven't seen any official announcement.
That would be coming over highway 2 though.

Reddy said:
Folks:

Has anyone heard about charging locations near Cle Elum? Since I'm in eastern WA, If I ever plan to travel to Seattle, I need to charge before climbing Snoqualmie Pass. There have been reports of chargers planned in tourist Levenworth/Wenatchee (unfortunately very far out of my way). I also heard about plans for a DC charger in North Bend (perfect for traveling East). However, to travel West over I-90, there would need to be chargers about 60 - 80 miles from North Bend (e.g., Cle Elum or Indian John Rest Area). I think Ellensburg would be too far (86 miles), given the altitude.

Any help here would be appreciated. Perhaps we need to start sending emails to businesses and city officials in Cle Elum. Does anyone know people in Cle Elum?

I know that WA state has passed a law stating that all rest areas will have charging station (pending funding), but I doubt that will happen before 2015. I wouldn't mind charging at Indian John, but I would much rather support the local businesses in Cle Elum.

Reddy..... and waiting for my new Nissan Leaf in "pending"

For all you WA LEAF owners/lessees, how long did it take for your LEAF to reach Auburn or Seattle from the port in LB? Thanks! One poster was told by CS that it takes two weeks by train to reach Portland.

LEAFfan said:
For all you WA LEAF owners/lessees, how long did it take for your LEAF to reach Auburn or Seattle from the port in LB? Thanks! One poster was told by CS that it takes two weeks by train to reach Portland.

Once the dealer confirmed that the car was on the train it was 3 days until it was delivered at the dealer. Of course it sat in LB for over a month since it was out of Japan before the earthquake and I just got it Tuesday.

I gather there's a charger near the end of 520, a couple blocks away from where it turns into Avondale Rd. Does anyone know how available/accessible that charger usually is? Particularly on Saturday afternoons, but weekday evenings would be nice.

The one drive that scares me to try in my future LEAF is from my home (near Northgate, in Seattle) to the stables where I ride (eastern edge of Redmond, where you could pretty much hop a fence and walk a bit and find yourself in Carnation). It's only about 26 miles as the crow flies, but the crow doesn't have to deal with hills and the LEAF does; there's a pretty hefty amount of altitude climb involved in that trip.

Now, the trip back from the stables takes me within a block or two of the charging station on the map. If it's often available/free (especially Saturday afternoon/evening), that basically removes any last qualms I have about my usual commutes, as if I'm finding myself dangerously low I can stop there and top-up for a while before returning home.

Packet said:
I gather there's a charger near the end of 520, a couple blocks away from where it turns into Avondale Rd. Does anyone know how available/accessible that charger usually is? Particularly on Saturday afternoons, but weekday evenings would be nice.

The one drive that scares me to try in my future LEAF is from my home (near Northgate, in Seattle) to the stables where I ride (eastern edge of Redmond, where you could pretty much hop a fence and walk a bit and find yourself in Carnation). It's only about 26 miles as the crow flies, but the crow doesn't have to deal with hills and the LEAF does; there's a pretty hefty amount of altitude climb involved in that trip.

Now, the trip back from the stables takes me within a block or two of the charging station on the map. If it's often available/free (especially Saturday afternoon/evening), that basically removes any last qualms I have about my usual commutes, as if I'm finding myself dangerously low I can stop there and top-up for a while before returning home.

There are two chargers at Redmond City Hall and one at the Redmond Maintenance faciltity (see topic) http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3678 As far as distance, I and three additional adults drove from Kirkland trough Monroe to Lake Cochran on Easter and back with plenty of range left. Charge to 100% the night before your trip and you should be all set.

As I was passing by Nissan of Eastside saw some Leaf's being unloaded from the truck, there had at least 10 of them. Silver seem to be the most popular color. Someone will be happy this weekend. :D

SteveInSeattle said:
Once the dealer confirmed that the car was on the train it was 3 days until it was delivered at the dealer. Of course it sat in LB for over a month since it was out of Japan before the earthquake and I just got it Tuesday.

That's strange because my DB told me around 13-17 days from LB to Seattle by train to Portland, then truck to Seattle. CS has told me 2 weeks to Portland. I just checked BNSF (go on their website you can actually check carload schedules), and it looks like it takes 7 days 6 hours to Portland. So at the very least it looks like it would be 10 days to Seattle, including 1-2 days intermodal change at Portland and 1 day to truck to Seattle. Looks like your PD confirmed it was on the train very late in the game, most likely when the train was about to reach Portland.

So, as I was walking back from a late lunch at Northgate about an hour and a half ago, I saw a trailer laden with LEAFs heading northbound on I-5! (Looked like mostly blues and red in the selection.) That might explain why I got the e-mail this morning about reservations being open again!

If one of those was yours, I waved to your car for you as the truck went past. :)

scharlj said:
SteveInSeattle said:

That's strange because my DB told me around 13-17 days from LB to Seattle by train to Portland, then truck to Seattle. CS has told me 2 weeks to Portland. I just checked BNSF (go on their website you can actually check carload schedules), and it looks like it takes 7 days 6 hours to Portland. So at the very least it looks like it would be 10 days to Seattle, including 1-2 days intermodal change at Portland and 1 day to truck to Seattle. Looks like your PD confirmed it was on the train very late in the game, most likely when the train was about to reach Portland.

We depend on Nissan's system to update with the "rail ship date". It is not unusual for a car to ship and for the date not to show up in our system until later. Keep in mind also that we do not get updates on rail ship dates. We have to check them manually on a daily basis to catch the changes.

CampbellNelson said:
scharlj said:
SteveInSeattle said:

We depend on Nissan's system to update with the "rail ship date". It is not unusual for a car to ship and for the date not to show up in our system until later. Keep in mind also that we do not get updates on rail ship dates. We have to check them manually on a daily basis to catch the changes.

That makes sense Ray. Thanks for chiming in. Hopefully my car WILL ship on Monday and you and I should see it in 2.5 weeks.... Cross my fingers

Barely made this route today. I was driving on ECO with heater on and 62 mph had 2 people with me. A bit disappointed because it's way below rated mileage.

range.jpg

IBELEAF said:
Barely made this route today. I was driving on ECO with heater on and 62 mph had 2 people with me. A bit disappointed because it's way below rated mileage.
48 miles is a bit of a shock. Did you start at 100% charge? Run the heater the whole trip?
On the bright side, barely making it is much better than not making it.
It was a bit chilly today, but not cold. I wonder what the trip numbers would look like if you repeated the experiment in August.

I charged to 80% as usual and my morning trip from Bothell to Bellevue was 10 miles that cost me 2 bars. Ran a few errands in Bellevue cost me another bar. At this point with 7 bars remaining I knew I would not make the 38 mile trip to Lynnwood and back to Bothell. So I found a charger in Bellevue and charged it back to 80%. I arrived back to Bothell with 2 red bars. Heater was on entire trip.

IBELEAF said:
I arrived back to Bothell with 2 red bars. Heater was on entire trip.
All I can say is WOW :shock:
That must be one hungry heater! Those seat heaters are looking better all the time.
Maybe it was a fluke?

My wife will be taking the Leaf some days on her commute. Essentially from Covington to I-90 / 405 interchange.
I would like to think she could do it without pac-boots and a parka!

We'll see I guess...

scharlj said:
Hopefully my car WILL ship on Monday and you and I should see it in 2.5 weeks....Cross my fingers

Did you get the 'delivery soon' email? I received that Thurs. morning and a poster said that means it was loaded onto a train/truck. So my LEAF that is headed for Portland/Seattle should have left sometime Thurs. or Fri. morning.

Back