ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
18126_4935069102454_978980613_n.jpg

New station at Providence Centrailia.. On date? TBD

saywatt said:
Are you going to L1 in Cle Elm? There is no L2 there that I know of. Also I've considered a trip from Snoqualmie to Easton but don't think it's doable without a QC at the pass. A leaf will not take kindly to that mountain...IMHO.

But then I am conservative in order to keep the turtle away :)

IBELEAF said:
I am considering to try a trip from Kirkland to Cle Elum. It shows 80 miles, but then I have to go over the pass. Is this doable? Is there any charger on the way?
This is getting pretty close to doable. I noticed a station mentioned at Snoqualmie Falls, 6501 Railroad Ave SE, Fall City, WA 98024. Combined with the DCQC at 3600 Suncadia Trail, Cle Elum, WA 98922, it's looking much easier. I received an email from Aeroviroment saying that the Cle Elum DCQC is operational. Can anyone confirm that it really is on? Once Snoqualmie Pass goes live, this will be as easy as Stevens Pass, although I don't really see the need for QC at the top of the pass. Lots of L2 for skiers would make more sense.

Reddy

thisguyfel said:
ALF said:
When I look at the Blink Network 'BlinkMap', it shows the Lake City Way Fred Meyer DC Fast Charger Port status as:
0 Ready/ 0 Busy/ 2 Unavailable

This would seem to indicate that they are not in working order, right? After checking the status, I didn't bother going over there, but from this forum, it sounds like some of you have used this particular QC charger.

Have you found the BlinkMape status of Blink Network chargers to be accurate?

I think the Lake City one was accurate on the map on Tuesday, when I used it. The right port had a hand written "out of order" sticky-note on it, and when I tested it, it wouldn't read/recognize my card.

the left port was working and if I remember right, the Blink iOS app showed: 1 Ready/ 1 Unavailable

So how much is it to charge ?
This Fred Meyer at Lake City way is very close to me, so I prob wont need to use it very often,
as I can charge at home.

I've been charging at Redmond City Hall.

They have Chargepointe Level 2 chargers.

Saw another Leaf there today.

It is also free, but you need a Chargepointe RDFID tag to unlock,
or you have to call their 1 800 number, and they will remotely unlock the plug for you

The Level 3 charger at Fred Meyer in Lake City Way is currently free. Oddly, the adjacent Level 2 charger requires that you pay. The chargers are to the left of the front doors (when outside looking at the front doors), close to Lake City Way. All you need is a Blink access card.

ALF said:
The Level 3 charger at Fred Meyer in Lake City Way is currently free. Oddly, the adjacent Level 2 charger requires that you pay. The chargers are to the left of the front doors (when outside looking at the front doors), close to Lake City Way. All you need is a Blink access card.

Thanks for the info.

I'll have to get a Blink card then.

Brand new Seattle leaf owner here. :) Glad to join you all!

Trying to use DC QC, but notice the Harvard Market QC shows up as "unavailable" since early last night.

Anyone have an update on what's going on there? Seems like the only other QC nearby is further Denny Way. Shows available, but I'm down to 5-6 miles of charge, and hate to chance the availability of that one station...

A question: I gather there is no distinct EV rate schedule for Seattle City Light customers?

Or any rate benefit to charging during off-hours?

Or any alternative electrical provider to Seattle residents?

TIA

DaveHanson said:
A question: I gather there is no distinct EV rate schedule for Seattle City Light customers?

Or any rate benefit to charging during off-hours?

Or any alternative electrical provider to Seattle residents?

TIA

Correct except there is some minor benefits to charging during off-hours. If you setup your timer with just an end timer of say 7:00 AM your car will start charging at whatever time is needed to finish the charge in time. This means that your car will sit at 100% less which is good for the battery. Additionaly charging during non-peak hours is good for the grid, will use more green power sources, etc.

DaveHanson said:
Thank you QueenBee. All for what's good for the grid...will keep that in mind as we establish a charging routine.

Exactly, for me I do it primary to keep the battery at an average lower state of charge.

Congrats on the new LEAF BTW!

I'm charging mine to 80%, but keeping it charged all the time,
so i have the timers set to 24 hours.

It charges as soon as I plug it in at night, around 7pm.

Reddy said:
Reddy said:
IS THIS THING OPERATIONAL?????? This just viewed on plug share:
Snoqualmie Pass, Quick Charge, EV Plug, 521 SR 906, Snoqualmie, WA
This just in:
Thank you very much for your interest in AeroVironment and AV EV charging docks. Unfortunately, this unit is not operational at the moment. It should be up and running soon,but we have no defined activation date set. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Regards, AV Customer Service
This is now operational!

New L2 Charging in Puyallup.

On December 10, 2012, Group Health Cooperative will open a new Puyallup Clinic at 1007 39th Ave SE. (Up the hill east of the South Hill Lowes Store)
There are five now operational and free Charge Point L2 EVSEs serving 10 parking slots. No coffee or burger joints near by.

Problem - very choice parking spaces right at the building entrance, and no signage. Even if they do put up restrictive signs, those spots are just too prime for many ICEs to pass up.

They are now on the Charge Point map, and I'll get them up on some of the others shortly.

Hello all.

My name is Devin. My wife and I just leased a red leaf sl named pepper. I'm looking forward to driving gas free and supporting the EV movement.

I look forward to chating with you all on the fourm and figuring out ways we can help each other out in the EV community.

I'm now in the proccess of building some open evses. For my home and mobile use. If anyone is interested in ordering bulk j1772 cables and such parts drop me a line. My friend also just bought a leaf and he is working with me on this project. I know queenbee was looking at open evse or maybe has already started.

FYI I'm in Bonney lake.

Hi Devin,

Welcome to the forum! I'm up in Kent/Renton myself. I'm lukewarm interested in a J1772 cable and the price is likely to be the deciding factor for me. Please post details here on the forum if you get a group buy going.

I like to tinker and would like to attend a build day if you end up having one. Regardless, I wish nothing but good luck with the project.

Delvin, I'm also mildly interested in the Open EVSE. I also like tinkering and would attend a build day, but have no experience with this kind of thing. However, given the distance, I'd need better weather and another reason to travel over to the wet side. Perhaps in the spring.
Reddy

Pasco do you have any idea when a QC(s) will go in between Hood River and Pendleton on I-84? What are your thoughts on using Highway 14/I 84 to get from Vancouver to Pendleton/Tri Cities?

Hope to have my wife's Leaf out of jail here soon with our State Farm agent now working on the matter. Apparently, the tow company here in Vancouver did not want to pay up after one of their employees opted out of using the tow hook. The damage to the front steering was quite high not to mention the grease he left on the inside door panel.

I visited Campbell Nelson Nissan in Edmonds, WA yesterday and they have a fantastic lease deal on the Leaf going on through the end of the month: capitalized cost of $9,775 off the invoice price, money factor of 0.00003, and for a 12k/yr lease residual of 56% and 48% for 36 or 24 month terms, respectively. (Other fees and charges are Nissan's $595 acquisition fee and $370 in title charges.)

Applies to SV and SL alike.

Back