ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To give the ICE the benefit of the doubt, perhaps if he is someone who works in the development, he is just getting a prime parking spot until the "Opening Soon" sign comes down. He probably doesn't know it's operational ahead of schedule :?:

doug401 said:
I contacted Sargent Stokes of the Bellingham police dept and he says he cannot authorize a tow because its private property, no jurisdiction. But he understands the issue and wishes it was on public prop.
So..
I called Stephen C Gray and Associates, Sehome prop owner, 206-325-1050, I got he number from REI, and explained the problems with requesting a tow, and how a tow must be requested by prop owner. I also brought up 776 UVF, and how it appears this person is employed by one of their tenants.
They would act quickly if they knew the employer.
That's as far as I can take this...

For anyone going to Bellingham DC3, I would take the above phone number with you. It may help during their business hours.

they do now and I doubt they will park there again. moving along now...

drove by the blink DC charger at discovery center today and it is coming along nicely. McKinstry was there doing work.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
they do now and I doubt they will park there again. moving along now...

Yes... They are aware :roll: Thanks for your help SeattleBlueLeaf.

UhClem has a good idea moving forward
"I've thought about printing a blurb about EV charging to put under the wipers of cars that ICE the chargers"

We should draft up something that we all can print and carry with us to help spread a factual and positive EV message.

doug401 said:
We should draft up something that we all can print and carry with us to help spread a factual and positive EV message.

A start - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d3PxhOoFZOuSHzcg5ry0XdxboGvsUmo5e3i62HHjIGc/edit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - edit away here if you like.

What a lowlife thing for an employee to do, thats a step below from an employee parking in customer handicap parking. Especially since their landlord is not even their employer. The last thing i'd want is to anger the landlord and have them complain to the company i worked for.

When I used to work for these kinds of places, this kind of thing would get you written up or fired.

I don't believe for a second that it was purposeful intent but we will know for sure if we see the same vehicle in the same spot again. You can be sure I'll be checking it out this weekend. Unfortunately, I may not be able to drive the LEAF up though. We will likely need our mini van to get skiers, runner, and my bike up the mountain.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/charging-station-inauguration-event-marks-the-expansion-of-the-west-coast-electric-highway-in-washington-state-2012-05-22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's official. The Governor will be at Sehome Village Bellingham on May 30th for ribbon cutting.
11 am Bellingham
1 pm Burlington

still no word on Oly or Centrailia? this is strange. first we are told the delays were because some of the stations were slow in getting the red tape cut and they were waiting to turn on all of them at once. now we have two that are running and set up for a ribbon cutting while the others are sitting in limbo?

DaveinOlyWA said:
still no word on Oly or Centrailia? this is strange. first we are told the delays were because some of the stations were slow in getting the red tape cut and they were waiting to turn on all of them at once. now we have two that are running and set up for a ribbon cutting while the others are sitting in limbo?
Maybe they will turn them all on but only have a ribbon cutting at a couple?

Just got an email from Aeroviroment with password account info.
The map shows Centralia, Tumwater, Sky, Burlington and Bellingham open.
Sultan and Leavenworth "unreachable"... not communicating
and Ridgefield "fault" maintenance required.

A FOB should be in the mail :D

Doug; just swung by the Tumwater station and it is still powerless. does anyone have the 800# you call to request a remote turn on? i was going to try that but there is still no signage up. it looks exactly the same as it did last week

Got the same email here. I had someone from AV call me today wanting a street address to send fob. They do not send to PO boxes. This is happening.

doug401 said:

downeykp said:
Got the same email here. I had someone from AV call me today wanting a street address to send fob. They do not send to PO boxes. This is happening.

I think they don't send to PO boxes, because they are using UPS for the delivery. At least mine arrived by UPS.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Doug; just swung by the Tumwater station and it is still powerless. does anyone have the 800# you call to request a remote turn on? i was going to try that but there is still no signage up. it looks exactly the same as it did last week

That's disappointing,
the map says it's operational "green icon".
1-888-833-2148

I just got an email from WSDOT about the opening of the Blaine, Bellingham and Burlington stations on May 30. This sentence was included:

Please note that the charging stations will not be available for general charging as they will be used for charging demonstrations. The network of stations will be open for all EV drivers on Thursday, May 31.

I'm thinking that we might see the Tumwater station up next Thursday.

rdhauser said:
I just got an email from WSDOT about the opening of the Blaine, Bellingham and Burlington stations on May 30.

I got that same email including a request for an RSVP to attend the grand opening. I am trying to decide if I should be adult about it or reply snarkily that I would love to attend if I thought that I could reach those distant stations from Renton.

Burlington is the closest one and that is 78miles. I just did a 48mi round trip to Woodinville this past weekend and there was not a lot left of the original 80% charge.

doug401 said:

How many people are getting these emails? I signed up for an AV fob a long time ago but haven't heard a word about mine.

You might want to see about contacting them again; I just signed up yesterday and received an email with password and confirmation for a key fob a few hours later.

If u have not received your email call them. I called today to ask about turnjng on the Tumwater station without the FOB and was told that they were out of FOB s advert were waiting on an order to come in

Back