ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is great news, thanks for posting! just curious, have they taken down the "coming soon" sign yet? :p

Walker said:
Both ports on the Blink DC Quickcharger at South Lake Union Discovery Center are operational as of today. I've been using the one on the left since Monday. Today the tech got the one on the right working too. For your GPS, the address is 101 Westlake Ave N, Seattle

* first post on this Forum

Walker said:
Both ports on the Blink DC Quickcharger at South Lake Union Discovery Center are operational as of today. I've been using the one on the left since Monday. Today the tech got the one on the right working too. For your GPS, the address is 101 Westlake Ave N, Seattle

* first post on this Forum
I've been keenly interested in this (as it's the only public DCQC in the Seattle area) ever since hearing that the station was down. Thanks for the tip. Frustratingly, I tried to get a read on the South Lake Union charger through Blink's own network only this morning, and found that, according to Blink, that location only has a L2 charger. Sheesh; it's not as if there were that many Blink L3s to keep track of; why can't they update their own site?

Is the DC QC in Seattle really operational or was it just up for testing? If it is up I should be able to reach the QC on the pass from there shouldn't I?

Luft said:
Is the DC QC in Seattle really operational or was it just up for testing? If it is up I should be able to reach the QC on the pass from there shouldn't I?

several have reported it up but Rich also stated that it would be down tomorrow for maintenance. it was not specified if both sides will be down or only one. hold on, i will clarify...
ok i am back, this was posted 2 hours ago

Work at SLU Disc Ctr was held up by today's work at Lake City Fred Meyer DCFC install going longer then scheduled. Tuesday tech will be at SLU Disc and DCFC will be unavailable. Thanks for your patience.

so it sounds like Discovery is down, but Lake City FM is up?

http://www.facebook.com/groups/seattlenissanleaf/permalink/450771754954267/?comment_id=451097691588340&offset=0&total_comments=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GaslessInSeattle said:
Lake city is near completion but not up.

by the post i was assuming Lake City should be up today and Discovery today or maybe tomorrow. both are in the same general location so one or the other is fine with me. is Lake City a dual head as well?

DaveinOlyWA said:
GaslessInSeattle said:

by the post i was assuming Lake City should be up today and Discovery today or maybe tomorrow. both are in the same general location so one or the other is fine with me. is Lake City a dual head as well?

Is Lake City FM supposed to be a Blink QC?

The South Lake Union QC station is fully operational. Both terminals are working. The "Coming Soon" banner is still there but is off to the side. I've been using it all week while my stock charger is being upgraded to 240V. Had to fortune of meeting FairwoodRed there yesterday afternoon.

Lake city is dual as well, I don't think Ecotality makes a single CHAdeMO QC. the Lake city also has L2. As of tonight, it's still not up and running but looks essentially done. I'm very excited to have a QC so close to my home!

DaveinOlyWA said:
GaslessInSeattle said:

GaslessInSeattle said:
Lake city is dual as well, I don't think Ecotality makes a single CHAdeMO QC. the Lake city also has L2. As of tonight, it's still not up and running but looks essentially done. I'm very excited to have a QC so close to my home!

DaveinOlyWA said:
GaslessInSeattle said:

Lake City is complete but may not be turned on. the same tech did finish Discovery Center and it was used last night immediately after the repair was completed.

Well, I made a trip to Seattle yesterday. Thought I could ding around a while then hit the QC before going home but when I got there the QC had lost network connection!

The Blink tech support was sympathetic but couldn't help me. They couldn't locate another QC station in Seattle. So my fun little trip turned into a L2 charging nightmare. I got back home at 3:30 the next morning.

I am not a happy camper! :x

Luft said:
Well, I made a trip to Seattle yesterday. Thought I could ding around a while then hit the QC before going home but when I got there the QC had lost network connection!

The Blink tech support was sympathetic but couldn't help me. They couldn't locate another QC station in Seattle. So my fun little trip turned into a L2 charging nightmare. I got back home at 3:30 the next morning.

I am not a happy camper! :x

its down again?? wow, that did not take long. it was working for a day

For those of us in the Puget Sound region non operational QCs can really throw any plan into chaos. Real time info. on availability would be great.

when I was charging this afternoon at SLU a ecotality person came by to verify that it was working due to a report that it was down. I really hope ecotality gets it's act together. L2 is seen mostly as opportunity charging and isn't counted on as much, L3 is mission critical!!!!!!!!!!

for now, it is working...

Well that makes 2 people inconvenienced by DCFCs being down this week which does concern me but probably won't stop me as I am tentatively planning a trip where I will be relying on the SLU station to work. We shall see how it goes tomorrow

After being stranded in Seattle for five or six hours because the Blink DC QC station lost connection with the network I've been doing some thinking about public relations.

That QC station was operational. It simply would not allow me to charge because it couldn't phone home. As a public relations issue it seems to me that the harm done to customer confidence in their network of QC stations is immensely greater that the two bucks it may have cost them to give away a twenty minute charge.

Perhaps they should consider allowing the unit to unlock and give free charges if it looses its ability to talk to their network.

I now consider Blink to be a company that puts out inferior chargers and who is willing to strand me rather than give away two lousy bucks in electricity! :x

2012-07-27_16-49-23_41.jpg

So , left Oly this morning, charged at Discover Center DCFC, went to the Woodland Park Zoo, then swung by the DCFC on the way home and charged another 16 minutes

576198_4390505208697_1068636237_n.jpg

(oh btw... Blink 100% SOC = LEAF 83.5%) so i stopped it at 92% (81.5% on the LEAF) and called it good.

going home got stuck in the normal Friday afternoon I-5 Crawl so my "good" performance was due to about 14 miles on the freeway averaging about 10-15 mph

I like that idea! and btw they are free for now. I think they figure if they give the service away while they are in the initial "get the bugs out" phase people will be more understanding, but it seems to me that when it comes to Quick Charging, having a charger down is just not tolerable if there is no other QC near by as not being able to charge quickly when your plans depend on it is a huge inconvenience. I hope Ecotality gets this, QC's must be reliable and on the rare occasion they go down, they must get fixed quick, 24/7. getting stranded with family in the car is not going to cut it.

Luft said:
After being stranded in Seattle for five or six hours because the Blink DC QC station lost connection with the network I've been doing some thinking about public relations.

That QC station was operational. It simply would not allow me to charge because it couldn't phone home. As a public relations issue it seems to me that the harm done to customer confidence in their network of QC stations is immensely greater that the two bucks it may have cost them to give away a twenty minute charge.

Perhaps they should consider allowing the unit to unlock and give free charges if it looses its ability to talk to their network.

I now consider Blink to be a company that puts out inferior chargers and who is willing to strand me rather than give away two lousy bucks in electricity! :x

Back