Hyundai $7500 off on BEVs due to no tax credit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwerdna

This is true and is still current as of today 5/1/24. Hyundai is working on building a facility here in the U.S. to build EV’s so it qualifies for the federal tax credit.

My wife and I are looking at buying our first EV. The Hyundai Ioniq 5 is one we are learning. Hyundai is presently providing a savings of $7,500 for this EV. This provide ends on April 1st, so we most effective have 8 days to determine. Does all and sundry know if Hyundai runs these kinds of offers more regularly? If we might see a similar provide for the duration of the summer season… We have simply commenced our research and don’t experience informed sufficient to determine. And, we’d want some time to figure out the way to rate the EV at our home, due to the fact we don’t have a charger, yet.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Last edited:
Depending on your needs, you can charge with a 120V socket using the charger found in the trunk. We drive about 25 miles a day in a small town and a 120V socket keeps up with that. If you drive 50 miles a day, you will either need to fast charge once or twice a week at a commercial charger or install basically a dryer plug into your garage or near where you park so you can put more miles back into the battery than you use.

Actually remembering back to the Leaf we were borrowing - the 120V must have put a few more miles into the battery than we were using. So after a few days it would charge to 100% and shutoff. So I drove it below 80% and started skipping charge days. My goal was to keep the battery below 80% and the car did not have an automatic 80% shutoff. Just as I had it all figured out it was time to return the car.

Just bought a '21 Kona Ultimate. We're really excited. The Nissan Leaf SL Plus was my alternative. I could live with the aircooled battery b/c most of our driving was local but the CHADEMO plug is hard to find in my area. Actually - all chargers are few except Tesla.

We had two likely out of town destinations - one where shopping and entertainment happens for us, and one where our families live. If we couldn't charge at their house with a 220V extension cord from their dryer circuit - we'd have to drive across the county to reach a CHADEMO plug which seemed silly.

We still really like the Nissan Leaf. I think if Nissan would redesign the battery to include proper cooling/heating and swap the CHADEMO for CCS or NACS they could continue selling them. Maybe in 5-6 years when our "travel" car wears out we'll look at the Airya. If I could only buy one that wasn't an iPhone color.... ;)

My wife and I are looking at buying our first EV. The Hyundai Ioniq 5 is one we are learning. [...]
Your only other post so far claims that you wrote for the LA Times and are a Pulitzer Prize winner, but your English indicates that you might be an AI bot, so I'm curious: do you know why fruit flies like a banana and time flies like an arrow?

Back