How's the leather in the '13 Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkulak

I'm gonna be picking up a '13 Leaf in the next couple months and I'm wavering between a loaded SV and SL. I like the wheels on the SL, but really, the only difference is the leather. Is it pretty nice leather? Worth it, you think? If I found either one with a good battery, I'd probably just buy it, but I'm still wondering if I should prefer one over the other.

I like mine. I've had it for 19 months and it's wearing well. There is a crease on the driver's side left cushion from my fat arse and me getting in and out, but it's not showing any other wear. However, it's not soft glove leather by any means. It's rather stiff and pebbly-textured. And it's only available in black, so you have to like black. I like it better than the grey fabric in my 2011 SL. It doesn't show dirt, and I especially like that the center armrest stays clean looking.

pkulak said:
I'm gonna be picking up a '13 Leaf in the next couple months and I'm wavering between a loaded SV and SL. I like the wheels on the SL, but really, the only difference is the leather.

Well, actually no. The wheels and leather interior are the biggest visual difference, but the 2013 SL also gives you these features that are not available on the SV at all:

• fog lamps
  • auto on/off headlamps
  • Homelink

and these features as standard, vs. extra cost on the SV

• cargo area cover
  • QC
  • LED low beam headlamps (2013+ SV's without QC come only with full halogen headlamps)

I personally don't care for leather seats, and the 2013+ SL interior only comes in black leather which I hate even more.

In fact, the black leather seats were what was pushing me to the SV when I was looking. My wife dislikes leather and I was worried about black seats in the summer sun. In the end I got the SL because it ended up being about $9/mo more than the SV equipped the way I wanted (QC + LED).

And, since I park in a garage at home and work, the black has not really bothered me in the summer, and the heated seats more than make up for it in the winter. The leather seems comfortable to me (although I've never had leather seats before, so for all I know, they are terrible in comparison).

Back