How to remove the plastic shelf on top of the charge port?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solangelist

I do not have the maintenance manuals. My car is very new, I wish not to experiment and possibly break the cover attachment latches. I am sure there are people here who have already removed this cover.

There is a plastic black cover under the hood, on top of the chart port, extending to both sides. How do you remove this cover? There are a few raised areas on the plasstic, under which there may be screws to be removed? The raised areas could be caps for screws or there may be plastic latches under them to be pulled out? My goal is to see (have access to) the back end of the L1/L2 charging port socket in the car.

Can anybody help me out?

How easy would be able to attach a parallel cable there leading to a parallel port, to be installed under the hood?

Probably the best thing to do would be to look at the replacement horn thread. Quite a few people have removed that cover to replace it, while others have got in from underneath the car (me):

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Solangelist said:
How easy would be able to attach a parallel cable there leading to a parallel port, to be installed under the hood?

Parallel could be dangerous if you had two EVSEs hooked to the same circuit at the same time.

What are you thinking of doing? AVCON box under the hood? Portable EVSE under the hood with standard 120V cord at the ready?

The J1772 includes some signalling lines so it isn't just a matter of applying voltage. The car won't charge unless it sees a signal it likes.

mwalsh said:
Probably the best thing to do would be to look at the replacement horn thread. Quite a few people have removed that cover to replace it, while others have got in from underneath the car (me):

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have added a clarification note at the above thread, on how to remove the pin and collar holding the bezel (plastic deck) down.

Back