How often do you take 'long trips' in the Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mirko said:
I have an evening class that I take once a week about 8 months out of the year. It is an 80 mile round trip that is all highway speeds. After the class I stop off at one of two places and have dinner and charge the car so that I can make it home. Other than that my daily round trip commute to work is only 50 miles.

That’s really very exciting! As you are well of the charging station in the trip, taking dinner is good to go. This would confirms charging essential for returning home. It’s all about exploring.

BiosDude said:
springbank said:
BiosDude - you live in an environment of hills and mountains. How do you go 100 miles on a single charge? :shock:

I've done it once. Went 102.5 miles on a 100% charge. It was on back roads doing 45ish, ECO, climate control off, B mode, 4.8 Miles/kWh. It's doable, but not my normal driving style. :D

Congrats, Mr. 65, in your inauguration into the esteemed 100 Mile Club. Shall you always be able to drive a 100 miles in your LEAF henceforth.

Please keep the club front door locked should you be the last to leave.

TonyWilliams said:
BiosDude said:
springbank said:
BiosDude - you live in an environment of hills and mountains. How do you go 100 miles on a single charge? :shock:

I've done it once. Went 102.5 miles on a 100% charge. It was on back roads doing 45ish, ECO, climate control off, B mode, 4.8 Miles/kWh. It's doable, but not my normal driving style. :D

Congrats, Mr. 65, in your inauguration into the esteemed 100 Mile Club. Shall you always be able to drive a 100 miles in your LEAF henceforth.

Please keep the club front door locked should you be the last to leave.

Tony. That was my trip that got me in as #59. #65 would be a repeat. ;)

See blog:
http://ksnogas.blogspot.com/2012/11/over-hill-over-dale-and-it-was-dusty_11.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

237 miles round trip.

I spend about 3 days a year the last two years trying to figure out how to get from the west side of Kansas City to Iconium, Mo (pop. 16) before giving up and taking the wife's Prius. If there was an L2 in Clinton, Mo I'd be golden.

ksnogas2112 said:
See blog:
http://ksnogas.blogspot.com/2012/11/over-hill-over-dale-and-it-was-dusty_11.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

237 miles round trip.

I spend about 3 days a year the last two years trying to figure out how to get from the west side of Kansas City to Iconium, Mo (pop. 16) before giving up and taking the wife's Prius. If there was an L2 in Clinton, Mo I'd be golden.

I have had my Leaf about 2 years. I am pretty use to going 3/4 of range, charging & returning locally. I am based in Nashville where there are plenty of public chargers. I thought I would see if it was possible to go about 500 miles to Chicago. 2 years ago that trip would have been impossible. I discovered using Plugshare that the trip was possible. So I planned the trip for several days with some phone calls to verify charger locations. I made the trip in about 55 hours with 2 motel stays. I would have made it in 2 days but my last L2 charger was not working so I had to stay overnight again. I used one QC. I could do the trip in 2 days easily if there were more QC stations along the way. I spent $2 on public charging thanks to charging at dealerships. I have been hearing lately that some dealers will only let their own make EVs charge. I did not see this myself. It would be unfortunate if the dealerships started refusing other brand EVs for charging.
I plan on returning to Nashville from Chicago this Fall.

TomT said:
Off course, you also have to factor in the two nights of hotel stays in that cost figure...
Good point. My annual "free" battery check requires an overnight stay at a motel to be able to make the trip to and from the dealer in winter. At least I am fortunate that my time is "free", being retired.

On a non-busy day I drive about 35 miles. But this summer has been crazy! When I reset my trip odometer in the mornings I seem to be between 75 and 112 miles (I trickle charge at work and will plug into my home charger at lunch if its a busy day).

I also go to Nashville about twice/month, which is 75 miles away, but by the time I get home the trip odometer is 160 or so.

My family lives about 112 miles away, but I've not tried a round trip in one day yet.

I'm obviously not a lease candidate as at 9 months I'm over 17,000 miles.

LOVE my LEAF! Oh and I used to spend more than $50/week driving my 98 Honda Accord, but seem to only spend about $45/month with my LEAF.

Back