How do you turn off automatic download of efficiency info?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leaf4me

I have not had my Leaf very long, but I seem to have changed something so that whenever I start my Leaf, it downloads and reads (via voice) 3 recent efficiency information messages such as miles / kWh the previous day, highest regen in the United States, etc. This was cute at first, but is becoming annoying, especially since it kind of blocks other things while reading the information.

I thought this might be controlled by the Information feeds settings on the Carwings website, but if so, it is not obvious to me. When I go to the Carwings website and go to the "All info. feeds, Favorite Setting" page, I have the following listed: 1) "Info from Nissan", 2) "Route Plan 1", 3) "Send to car". The last two can be deleted, but the Info from Nissan cannot. My Favorites on the car matches the list on the Carwings website.

It is probably something simple, but what am I missing?

p.s. Is there any list of information feeds, and the description of what each is?

That's kind of neat, but I can see how it could get annoying! There is a setting in CARWINGS that controls automatic download of feeds and how often (i.e. at car start, every 30 min, 60 min, etc). It must be that you somehow have this set up to be automatic.

Go to: MENU->CARWINGS->CARWINGS Settings->Information Feed Settings->Download Automatically

Navigation System Owners Manaul pg 5-14 covers this

Back