How do Factory Orders Work?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a different sales manager on the phone and he let out the fact that the dealership hasn't even gotten a single allocation for a Leaf in the three and a half months I've had it on order (I was under the impression they had already gotten the allocation a while ago). This past week they escalated it to their Nissan rep and are looking to get the order 'expedited'.

I guess the lesson is if you're looking to put in a special order make sure that dealership is one that gets Leafs in regularly, or has a bunch of sister dealerships that they can work with.

The Nissan dealership closest to me has their first LEAF. They have it parked up front right in the middle of the showroom. It looks exactly like mine except for the Sunroof.

When I bought mine I was 4 days without a car. I needed the best I could find on the spot in my area. I called 4 dealers and all I found was one 2013 and one 2011. The 2011 was $21,000 with only 11,883 miles. But the interior was dirty. Stained. Didn't really want other people's dirt. I wanted brand new.

I really wanted black on black with leather and 17" wheels

Mine is Brillant Silver with Leather and 17" wheels. The only option that is missing is the upgraded Bose and 4-way camera. (The dealer had no idea that option existed, in the past they ordered an SL and got the backup camera but with the 2013 you don't get a backup camera unless you buy the Bose updgrade)

For me I really like the silver over the black now. I like it because the lights blend in with the silver color. On the black the lights really stand out because they are all clear plastic.

The lack of the stereo upgrade bothers me a little. All my past cars had very loud stereos. I'm an audiophile. If you search google images for Lasareath you'll see what I mean.

I need to research upgrading the speakers and sub.

Well the main speakers are ok. They don't handle the bass that well though. I think if I add a sub and turn down the bass on all the stock speakers it may sound much better. I'll have to experiment.

I wish you guys good luck in gettin your LEAFs ASAP because they are fun as hell to drive. I LOVE mine!!!

I just couldn't wait 6 months for a car. Needed one ASAP.

Lasareath

Whew, finally some great news! My wife and I picked up the Leaf this afternoon in CT. It was the same car that Fred found at Harte Nissan that was moved to Bruce Bennett Nissan for another customer. I called them up and they were able to place their customer who was going to buy this one into a different color and give me the Metallic Slate.

So far it's great! 50 mile drive home was a piece of cake and the charging stations is working beautifully. Haven't noticed anything mind-shattering about the Bose audio, seems like a standard stereo to me. The all-around camera is pretty sweet though. My wife loves the front camera and all-view when pulling into the garage so she can see exactly where she is in there.

So, for anyone placing a factory order - Go with a dealer who is selling lots of Leafs and then look on cars.com or autotrader.com at least once a week to see if another dealer got your car in. The descriptions sometimes aren't that helpful so my recommendation is to search a price range as well as the keywords for the trim/color. The one I found just said Nissan Leaf SV and listed the color as KBC (the color code, didn't say grey). I was able to surmise that it had the premium package because the price was about 1k above the base SV MSRP.

Hopefully Smyrna will start upping production so it won't be this complicated, at least on the East Coast!

I ordered a Leaf SV through the local Nissan dealer on June 7. When I put the deposit down on the order, the factory had quoted a 6-9 week lead time on a Leaf. It was delivered today, which is 7 weeks after the order was placed. Not a bad timeframe for getting the exact configuration that I wanted. I had searched the dealer inventory within a couple hundred miles on cars.com, but didn't find the right combination, so I went the factory order route.

Was listening to Les Miserables today and I think I fried one of the speakers :(

Anybody on here install an after-market AMP and speakers yet?

Back